ADVERTISEMENT

The COVID-19 pandemic and the 2020-21 season

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
Everyone is banking on the COVID-19 pandemic being over and out at least by the start of 2020-21 but here's a hard cold fact that we might have to face.

Until there's a vaccine for almost everyone, people coming into close contact with each other (as they do in sports) ain't gonna happen. A vaccine is hopefully 12 - 18 months away. 6 - 9 months if the FDA fast tracks it. Do the math. Next year's high school and college season might be in jeopardy.

What do you think should be done if the 2021 class suffers the same fate as the 2020 class. I know many of us are not think about the what if but people didn't think about the pandemic much each and look what happened there.

Should the governing bodies of high school and college basketball be thinking about this NOW

Thoughts?

Not everyone gets a flu vaccine which is about 50/60% successful. What’s make you think that everyone will go for a Covid 19 vaccine? Btw yours truly got a enhanced flu shot but still was sick as a dog leading up to the SB. I believe the testing to see if you had the corona virus is extremely important. In my humble opinion lot more New Yorkers were a asymptomatic walking around in December/ January.

I agree that there are a lot of asymptomatic people walking around infecting others inadvertently. Until there's a vaccine or auto-immune theraphy available in 12 - 18 months, no-player will feel safe playing against or with other players. This virus literally kills people with pre-existing conditions (diabetes, asthma, obesity, heart and other unknown issues etc.)

Reactions: HarlemIrish
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT