ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update: Jessie Govan & Desure Buie

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
The dynamic junior duo of 6'9" Jessie Govan and 6'0" Desure Buie are tearing up the PSAL together for Wings Academy this season. They moved to 9-0 in the league after a convincing 64-51 victory over Wadleigh on Friday night, with Govan scoring 17, and Buie chipping in with 10, in a game where both were hit with foul trouble early on. After the game we talked to both to get an update into what is new with their recruitment.

No new offers have come there way both said since the season began, but both have recently gotten new interest from schools.

"N.C. State recently called me, they have interest in me, and Minnesota is calling and recruiting me pretty hard as well," Govan said.

Buie as well is hearing a lot from a new suitor.

"Villanova is showing interest in me now," Buie said after the win.

Both admitted that they plan on attending Saturday's game at Madison Square Garden between Villanova and St. John's, with Govan saying the Red Storm are interested, while Buie was talking up the Wildcats.

While both are high major prospects in the 2015 class with offers and interest from schools all over the country, Buie says that right now both of them are focused on just one thing.

"It's all about our Wings season, and being focused on the task at hand. The recruitment is nice, but we want to win it all this year, and right now, that what's most important."

Wings Shuts Down Wadleigh

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News