ADVERTISEMENT

Tavon Sledge

kingcityflavaflav

Aug 31, 2009
word on the street is that tavon is going to hills west to join tobias and his younger brother tyler. this team could be real good. tobias is one of the best player in the world and tyler also play real good (he about 6"9' now). watch out for this team they gonna be real good. hopefully tavon realize how good tobias and tyler are and give them the ball.

king i agree with your assessment of Tobias being the best player in the world.. yet you are forgetting to mention the fact that Sledge is a great student athlete.. and with mentor Torrel Harris the sky is the limit for the kid

i 100% agree with balla. tavon can play real good but he need a mentor and marketing genius to help him. tavon need to also remember that tobias and tyler are real good too and he need to not get to big of a head. i seen tyler play all summer and he a high major recruit just like tobias and he is going to be the best player in his class when it all done.

Maurice, seems like your old friends, are trying new ways to make a mockery of this board. The next time you ban him just block the IP adress. It seems that the three previous posts are all from the same IP address.
Apparently this person has nothing else to do besides make a spectacle of himself and change his colostomy bag .

smartinup, im not trying to insult anyone on this board. i am only talking about hoops and giving my opinion. is there a problem with that?

Just finding it very curious how all three of you are reporting from the same IP address....and share the same opinion.

that's actually hilarious and that completely erases any validity you had because I am a first time poster and have never met the other two people. this whole rant about an ip address is actually quite entertaining because i can guarantee i am at least 40 miles away from either of those two posters. i came onto this website to post my opinion on basketball and you Mr. Odom have the audacity to accuse me having some twisted multiple personality disorder.

When did I accuse you of having a dis order? I know there are multiple posters from the same IP address it's easy to gather the info. At the end of the day doesn't really matter. I just don't like to see the purpose of this board turn into a place where players are constantly bashed.
Makes it worse if any of you play or have played the game. Nothing you say on this board, whether you are players or fans will change the outcome of this upcoming season. LU Hi is a program that has had great players and a strong tradition of excellence. The only thing you are accomplishing by posting nonsense on this board is making the team you represent look bad.Your collective comments truly discredit everything the LU HI program is supposed to be about.
Be my guest, I have no dog in this fight. Have a great week gentlemen.

Have to agree that the only way to continue building a program is focusing on how to make it the best it can possibly be. Trying to bash other players/programs might seem fun or therapeutic if a grudge is held, but it only hurts in the long run. LuHi definitely has the potential to continue what it started over the last few years, and it can do so without the negative energy. Everything and everyone else will work itself out.

If luhi would've gotten Sledge they wouldn't miss a beat this year. He's as fast as light, can jump out the gym and knows how to pentrate and dish or score. Luhi will be fine regardless. They are an indie school so they have the ability to make their schedule less competitive to accomodate their loss of talent. On top of that, the bar is so low on long island they will still be the best team out there.

well i would wonder how you would know the IP address of a random poster, but i really don't care.

now while clearly those two posters, be they or be they not the same person, have obvious issues and should probably see some sort of shrink, i guess my only question is how a player such as sledge is able to just show up at hills west? did the family move into the neighborhood? 'cause that would be the only way that it would be legal... it's a NYSPHSA school. it's not PSAL, it's not CHSAA, it's not NYSAIS. there are rules against this type of thing.

so, yes, again.. how?
This post was edited on 9/1 8:49 AM by BobO65

"how a player such as sledge is able to just show up at hills west? did the family move into the neighborhood? 'cause that would be the only way that it would be legal... it's a NYSPHSA school. it's not PSAL, it's not CHSAA, it's not NYSAIS. there are rules against this type of thing.

so, yes, again.. how?
"

A player such as Sledge? What does that mean? Do all the players in the Hills West (Dix Hills) area suck making him an aberation? Are there certain types of people that live in the Dix Hills area that would not include people like Sledge or his family from moving into that neiborhood? Is it impossible for Sledge family members to have moved in the area. Just what are you saying?

Is Sledge actually now at HHHW or is this just a hypothetical conversation?

He means that its kind of coincidental that a high profile player such as Sledge would just happen to move into Dix Hills randomly, and that this neighborhood also houses Tobias and Tyler Harris two high profile players. And I have heard rumors about him enrolling; I think it was posted by Tobias' dad though so I'm not sure what to think.

What do you mean, he means? Are you his public relations firm or his interpreter? How do you know what he means when you're not him and he poised questions and no answers? You should stick to the limited scope of your expertise which is what 'you mean' and leave the crystal ball reading to the professionals.

It doesn't matter if a person moves somewhere randomly or with a specific intent. One doesn't have to divulge why they decide to move somewhere do they? Does the county have to vote the Sledges in or something? People seem to be trying to connect an awful lot of dots without a pen nor paper.

i don't need anyone to answer for me, i can do it myself.

what i mean by a "player like sledge" is a, shall we say, "elite" talent who was shopping his services around to various schools ending up at a Long Island public school, where it is illegal to recruit a player for athletic purposes.

now if the player's family moved to dix hills, god bless them... wish them the best, hope the young man succeeds.

however if the player is moving in with another player, or simply just using another player's address, for the specific purpose of athletic gain... well... that is as illegal as it gets according to the NYSPHSAA... which is why the question is, again... how?

If Sledge is going to HHHW then those questions would need to be addressed and there may be perfectly legit explanations. Perhaps recruiting has to do with the school going after the player and not the player going after the school.

If he's not going to HHHW then this whole things is a theorectical "what if" conversation. A far as I am concerned all competitive schools "recruit" at some point and to some degree under the table, like it or not.

Thanks Dawg, some of the garbage that these fellows have spewed carries very questionable undertones finally needed to be addressed. You have done so in a manner that deserves applause.

Bob, it sounds as if you really have an interest as to where Sledge attends school. The question is, WHY. Why do you even care. Coach, I mean bob, it sounds as though you are really worried. Or is it hating that I hear in your tone. The fact of the matter is, Tavon doesn't have to shop his services. He has to do what most kids and parents do when trying to select a school; make inquiries. Since he is not going to luhi, now you want to use the word "shop". How immature and I might add, insulting. I think it would be best if adults on this board try to remember that Tavon is still legally a child. Its one thing to speak negative of an adult but to stoop so low that you attach a child’s name to such terms as "shop, illegal, recruit", you really have to look within yourself and ask; why am I like this...why am I attacking a child, rather than trying to empower him or assist his developmental process...why am I such a negative person. Bob, when you find those answers, your healing process will have begun.

Its a terrible thing when you read some of the stuff thats said about some of our best talent. By all accounts these are good kids. They don't all of a sudden become bad because they decide to play for team A B or C. The fans ,players ,coaches of LU HI are doing themselves an injustice in trashing good kids. Lu hi cannot will not attain "restored tradition" with its current modus operandi. Trashing good players is not the road to getting good players.
Parents talk, players good players are more in tune with other good players.
When the people from Lu Hi talk sht on this board about other players/programs they are only truly soiling their own program. You dont see any other program that practices such a self righteous hatred towards other programs or kids besides LU HI. I'm sure self righteous entitlement and hatred isn't taught in the Lutheran religion why is the tone of the LU HI posters saturated with the prevalence of self righteousness and hatred?
When this type of behavior is directed towards kids of our basketball community it is certainly disturbing . When the same behavior emanates Lu Hi ,fans, players or coaches its down right shameful.
This post was edited on 9/2 7:39 AM by s.martinup

balling in ny, i have no need for healing. i am quite well, thank you. and i am a very positive person, but none of that really matters.

perhaps "shop" was a bad word. i appologize if that offended. i'll use "inquire" for now on.

as for the insinuation that i am upset about this because he didn't go to Lutheran, well... i can say that this isn't the reason, but why would that matter, because people believe what they want to believe around here based on whatever kool-aid they happen to drink.

spin it anyway you'd like. if it makes you feel better to say that i'm attacking a child by saying that adults, such as an AAU coach, another parents, and athletic directors, are trying to get a kid into a school that he legally can not get to, then by all means, go right ahead and do so.

will you stand up and shout from the mountain tops about the kid who will now get cut because of this?

the entire point of the matter is that it is not legal by the standards and bylaws of the NYSPHSA for a student-athlete to enter a school for the purpose of athletic advancement. that's just a simple fact, and it's won that is well known by the ADULTS involved in this process. and if the adults are trying to skirt the rules, is that really something that is empowering or assisting in the developmental process of a child? by saying it's okay to cheat and break the rules?

i say again... if the family moved to dix hills and is within the boundries of Half Hollow Hills West school district, then this is a non issue, and i wish him and his family the best of luck.

but i suppose there is no longer any reason to disucss this matter, as i'm sure suffolk coaches and section XI will investigate on their own
This post was edited on 9/2 9:05 AM by BobO65

How old is Sledge? I ain't gonna lie. He looks to be about 35. lol

You know. One of those grown men, stuck in a little mans body. At least he plays that way.

3dgrin.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT