ADVERTISEMENT

1st Annual Frank V. Martin Benefit Classic

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
From: Coach Holford here the info for the Benefit GM I am doing next Fri June 22 at 8:15 there will 2 GMs b4 a 11u n 14u at the Stydome. Appreciate u getting the word out! Thks Much

Hello Honorable Queens Student Athlete

My name is Coach Rob Holford AKA Coach “H” and on behalf of my organization “UHA” UrbanHonorAcademy, Game Over Apparrell Inc., Stydome and MTG I would like to invite you as a candidate to play in the 1st Annual Frank V. Martin Benefit Classic on Fri June 22nd, at the Stydome in Bklyn.

The Team Queens team will be coached by Honorary Co- Head Honorary Coach by Howard “Pop” Hammond and myself. The Team Captain is Marcus Hammond of Cardozo attending Niagara University.

We will be completing against Team Brooklyn coached by PSAL Championship Coach, Sean “Smoke” Walker, of South Shore H.S with his players who are on a mission to maintain that Brooklyn is where the Real NY Ballers and Champions come from.

The purpose of this event is to Honor and Recognize the Life and accomplishments of Frank V. Martin, who is one of my former players at Hostra University. He has been stricken with a horrible illness “Glioblastoma,” which is a very serious and rare form of Brain Cancer.

Frank is a former college former College Coach, actor and movie writer. Frank is keeping his spirits high and is putting up a major fight each day.

Thus far, he is winning. But on it is occasionally a struggle for him function daily and stay positive.

My hope is that this Classic will help give him a extra bit of motivation and inspiration to “Never Give Up His Fight & Hope”.

I also hope to inspire you a bit to value helping and giving back to others, your own life, your family, your teammates and real friends, your education, your basketball ability and your future.

Think about It!!! Frank Could Be You, A Love One, A Close Friend, or Teammate, Your Teacher or Coach!! So always be very “Grateful, Humble & Thankful” !!

Should you choose to participate we are asking each player to donate $20. This will help Frank’s personal goal and mission to help others with who may have this illness. As well as personally helping him fight daily to live productively and comfortably each day.

Please note all adult guests that attend the game to support you must pay an entry fee of $10, $5 for students and $3.00 children

We will have a practice next Weds evening at Merrick Academy which all are expected to attend. Time TBA.

You can reach me Coach H at 347 451-7612 or Coach Pop at 718 926-7204.

I hope you want to participate in this game while appreciating life, this worthy opportunity to support, help and give back to a very worthy person like Frank, his Fight and his Cause. Thanks

Much Love and Respect

Coach Holford (AKA Coach H)

Special Thanks: to Rob Moses of MGA, Eric Hicks of Game Over and the Stydome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT