ADVERTISEMENT

HHHW beats themselves. Too funny

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I bet Torrell tried to sneak his youngest son, terry into the game at Smith West and got busted and forced to forfeit. I'm only joking so please tell me that's not what happened cuz that would be pitiful.

I guess if you're gonna lose to someone, it might as well be to yourself.lol

I was wondering where you have been. Awfully quiet these days......Would you expect anything else from Mr. Harris and his lapdog coach. That is exactly what happened. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hills West has to forfeit win, no longer unbeaten
March 7, 2010 By BOB HERZOG

A technicality has handed the nationally ranked and undefeated Half Hollow Hills West boys basketball team a forfeit loss, Newsday has learned.

Hills West athletic director Joe Pennacchio confirmed last night that he self-reported to Section XI executive director Ed Cinelli that Terry Harris, younger brother of Tobias and Tyler Harris, was ineligible for the game at Smithtown West on Feb. 12, won by the Colts, 80-52. "It was an administrative error dealing with selective classification," Pennacchio said.

In that game, Hills West used six JV players because of suspensions resulting from an on-court incident against Bellport on Feb. 8. Terry Harris was the only eighth-grader in the group and had to be re-classified in order to appear in a varsity contest. When it was discovered afterward that he had not been re-classified, Penacchio called Cinelli.

Hills West is now 22-1.

Why am I always soooooooooooo right.
laugh.gif

selection classification is a rather well known thing...

what, is hills trying to toss section xi a bone so that they ignore that other small, minor infraction?

I guess a Tsunami is "minor" relative to a nuclear explosion. Its all relative. If HHHW wins the Fed, NY not LI, did it again as Tavon Sledge (a new yorker) gets the MVP. Meanwhile Torrel plays Three Card Molly with ya'll as he throws his own son under the bus. You guys have been looking under the wrong shell all season. Minor infraction. lol

Man you guys really have it out for Mr Harris and his boys. Instead of people celebrating the All American talents of the Harris kids you guys find every opportunity to knock the kids and their dad. WE need more kids like the Harrises who make good examples of how bball players should handle themselves. WE need more dads like Mr Harris who are actively involved in their kids lives. Most of you clowns that have so much to say, have never played ball past high school or have children. The hateful rhetoric that permeates this board towards the Harris family is disgraceful.
This post was edited on 3/12 3:09 AM by s.martinup

The violins, childrens choir, marching band along with the American flag is deafning. Would you like us to hold hands and sing we are the world, too?

Its not hard find every opportunity when it's right there plain as day. I am not the one who got the game forfeited by putting my youngest son in an unnecessary spot light. Which btw, is the result of unruly behavior on the court.

I am not the one who tried to pawn a kid off as older than he is. It's all american alright. The part we all try to distance ourselves from and teach our kids not to do.

Feel free to brown nose Mr. Harris all you'd like. Just be sure to have plenty of disinfectant for your nose hairs.

No brown nose hear just stating the facts from many months of observation. Dawg the shit you say is convoluted and lacks comprehension. You say "our" kids if you do have a kid he which I sincerely doubt you do i'm sure hes a hell of a bball player.
You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills because obviously from your rant,you don't understand the circumstances of the forfeit. People that talk shit through aliases often have a false sense of bravado that would not exist if there real identity was known. You my friend fall directly into the category of "fake bravado when acting anonymously."

Time is to short life is too good to be wasting it on a person who's main objective on this board is denigrate people as often as possible. I'm not suggesting we sing we are the world. However would it be asking too much if for you to act intelligently?

When this board started there was plenty of basketball discussed. Now its mainly insults thrown back and forth btw a few people. Its conduct like yours that has eviscerated this board.
This post was edited on 3/10 2:42 PM by s.martinup

yes, it's easy for someone to hide behind a screen name that says they live in ontario, california and make all sorts of comments when reality is they live in dix hills.

question for you, mr. o... where in any of these points is anyone attacking kids? could you point that out for me?

is bending and breaking the rules in order to get a point guard in to help your sons play really "helping the kids?" what message is that showing? that it's ok to break the rules if the end result helps you out?

degrading your kids teammates and coaches? that's helping "the kids?"

when did this agreement that you would come running to the defense of mr. h, oh excuse me, mr. pope... when ever someone says anything bad about him, and try to play it off as they're bashing someone's kids, first occur? was there an exchange of goods or services involved? did you get a free koopa troopa jacket out of the deal? we're all dying to know.

'cause if really was all about "the kids," as in all kids, not just a friend's kids, then you would have serious concerns about the other behavior.

or are you just mr. pope's lap dog?

This post was edited on 3/10 9:12 AM by LIHoopsfan

FWIW, don't think anyone has or is basking the Harris kids. I believe the ill feelings are directed at Mr. Harris. He has to be commended on raising, from what I can tell, such fine young men who happen to be very good basketball players. You may question the manner about which he has gone about things at times, but he has without question done right by his children. Don't think anyone could ask for more. In fact I wish there were more parents like him, then just maybe society would not have so many of the problems it does today.

I dont know who Mr Pope is I am certainly not anyone's lap dog. There has been fair amount of unwarranted slander towards the kids. For those of you do not,have not. my comments are not directed at you.
If there has been irregularity in Sledge attending HHW then I'm sure it would have been uncovered by now. I dont know the rules concerning transfers and dont claim to know. However instead of celebrating what i deem as a good year for LI talent The topics of convo on the LI board are geared toward things that are not pertinent to advancing the state of bball here on LI.
I appreciate the fact that HHW is ranked 28 in the country and Longwood had them on the ropes without their best defender. I also applaud Harborfields for giving them a run for their money. Obviously the two aforementioned teams have very good players to be able to hang in with a nationally ranked team.

HoopsFan, koopa troopa? I dont know what behavior you are talking about. As I said I'm making an observation. Nothing to do with any ulterior motives others than making this a better board to visit for both myself and other who may visit to see whats happening on the LI basketball front. If we as posters continue to let posters that have no interest the well being of LI ball visit this forum just to take crap any LI player or their family then we are allowing our entire bbal community to be sullied.
I've been around long enough to see this happen when Jersey started to challenge NY as a top recruitng ground for nationwide recruitng. There was a great amount of resitance and denial by the NY posters that NY was no longer the top in the NE for bball. Jersey and New England are.
Now that the tide is changing LI is rising and therefore we see the same resistance from our peer posters to the west of LI.
Make no mistake about it HHW is the no 1 in BBall in NY.
This post was edited on 3/12 3:39 AM by s.martinup

I hear ya Old Sch We share the same sentiments. THe kids have been unfairly slandered in the past and hopefully it will stay in the past.

you do know who az preps is, we all do, despite whatever alias he once attempted to go by.

i agree that "slander" towards kids shouldn't be tolerated... on message boards and from spectators in the stands, whom yell out to kids on the floor that they don't even belong on the court.

i think any rational thinking person can come to that conclusion.

as for the "irregularity" involving mr. sledge... the unfortunate circumstance is that it is a very difficult thing to prove... this "undue influence" and "recruiting" and "for sole purpose of athletic gain."

so in the end all we have are accusations... much like all we had for years were accusations and hersay that mark mcgwire took steroids, but alas, i think we all, as rational thinking people, can connect the dots.

so az preps, mr. h., makes a post in the summer asking if the student will transfer to school a or school b... school a being a private school that can take all comers, school b being a public school that would require the student to move to the district in order to be eligible. the post is made before the student ever "moves." az, mr. H, must be a fotune teller.

hey, perhaps that is the proof section XI needs that undue influence was used!

uh oh, better get that post removed...

Hoops...I can appreciate your points but at best its a far reach. You even say in your own words "for the sole purpose of athletic gain" I can fit an elephant through that loophole.
Sledge is a great kid with good grades in a great school district, playing great bball while representing his school in a great fashion. Tavon is making the most out of his opportunity as long as he/his family are doing the right thing and have not broken any rules then I am all for the kid & family for making the move here to LI. Tavon has been a shining
representative of LI Ball I for one welcome his arrival and wish him and his family well.

Few years back Cajiuste did the same thing by going to Jericho under circumstance that were a lot more merky than Tavon's. How about AJ Price living in Lindy but attending Amityville? I can go on with situations that exist now and in the past but I wont.

Moving a family into the HHHWest district and attending Hills West is a no brainer forget about basketball, academics there are some of the best. FYI, I am going to rent out my two homes in Wheatley Heights in the HHHW school district so watch out Long Island the future is going to be very bright at HHHW and its all legal LOL
This post was edited on 3/12 10:41 AM by AZ PREPS

As long as the parents move in with the kids it is. LOL
eek.gif

P.S. saved your post just in case you decided to edit this one too.
This post was edited on 3/12 7:44 AM by concernedparent17

I don't know what you are talking about, stop editing your post since you like to hate so much
smilie1.gif
Parents have to live with the kid those are the rules. You just can't accept the fact that a black family move into a good area to get a good education and to play with one All-American and a future All-American and its killing you. Enjoy the show or stay home with your computer.
Bye hater.
This post was edited on 3/12 10:38 AM by AZ PREPS

Saturday at 4:30 pm HHHW vs Uniondale large crowd expected ticket available at HHHW administration building.
This post was edited on 3/12 11:28 AM by AZ PREPS

s.martinup... just because the cajuste's lived with "uncle" underarmor (or was he uncle nautica then?) doesn't make it right...

and amityville has pulled strings forever... i suppose the pipeline has dried up as of late as they've been mediocre at best the last few years. guess jack figured he'd let baby brother have the spotlight for a while...

it still doesn't make it right, it's still twisting, bending, breaking the rules... just because it's done in a way that makes it hard to prove doesn't make it just.

it's the giant pink elephant in the room. everyone knows it, but nobody can actually prove it's there.

and i will, and think we all can, agree that as long as he/his family, and those associated with the hills west program, haven't broken any rules then i, too, am all for the kid & his family doing what they believe is best.

ultimately i don't think tavon or his family broke any rules. it's others involved with the program who have violated section 24 of the NYSPHSAA rule book...

24. RECRUITMENT AND UNDUE INFLUENCE: Recruiting and Undue Influence is defined as the use of influence by any person connected directly or indirectly with a NYSPHSAA school to induce a student to transfer from one school to another, or to enter the ninth grade at a member school for athletic purposes - whether or not the school presently attended by the student is a member of the NYSPHSAA.
a. The use of undue influence to secure a student for competitive purposes in a sport is prohibited. An infraction shall cause the student to forfeit eligibility in that sport for one year from the date of enrollment. The offending school shall be subject to provisions of Rule 19 (D).

any person connected directly or indirectly... a coach, an athletic director, a janitor, a bus driver, another student's parent, a friend of the program. any person.

we all know this rule was broken. every coach in suffolk county knows this rule was broken, has been broken by other schools in the past, and will be broken again in the future. the problem, of course, is that unless somebody was stupid enough to put something down in writing, it's almost impossible to prove.

but ultimately those who broke that rule will have to live with themselves.

problem is if the rule ever is proved to have been broken, the only victims are the ones who didn't break the rule... the kids. and isn't that what it's supposed to be all about?

Using a loophole in a rule or law does not constitute breaking the rule. In the aforementioned cases nobody broke the rules they just took advantage of a large loophole in that exists within the rule.

s.martin is absolutely right. What's morally right and what's legally right are sometimes two separate things. Just ask Steele Davis, that twenty-something year old sophomore. Just pray that your 15 year sophomore daughter doesn't date that loophole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT