ADVERTISEMENT

Abuse or Coaching?

That leaked into the topic because that should be a more pressing issue than whether this new AD should resign because of whether or not she was verbally abusive 17 years ago? Why overlook qualified black men to the point of not even getting an interview? We all know that Rice's usage was not meant to be homophobic against gays but to be derogatory about players toughness. Competition has always been about using whatever it takes to propel players above and beyond and to realize at the end it was nothing personal, just something in the heat of the battle to motivate. Right, wrong, or indifferent it is what it is with men amongst men.

"We all know that Rice's usage was not meant to be homophobic against gays but to be derogatory about players toughness,"

What!!!!. That's like someone who's not black using the n-word and you saying, "We all know that (insert name)'s usage was not meant to be racist against blacks but to be derogatory about players intelligence."

And why does it have to be black men? What about Black women? Why does it have to be men? and who says they didn't interview blacks or any other race. Bottomline. No matter who's hired, some race, gender etc. will feel slighted. Its a lose-lose situation if you focus too much on things other than the qualification of the job.

First and foremost Rutgers is a university of higher learning. Learning to be tolerate of others not like us is part of that higher learning. I repeat. Hiring someone with a history of verbal abuse when you just fired somebody for verbal abuse and lost a life due to mental abuse is not smart. Then they hired Jordan who said he was a Rutgers alumni and then recanted that. What Rutgers needs is a professional interviewing company to hire employees because they have no idea what they're doing or how they're being perceived right now
flush.r191677.gif

Abuse is generally based on who society or the evaluator feels the victim and the predator is. You won't hear one word about abuse when it comes from a high school or college football coach, a boxing trainer (I grew up with a few dudes in Mike Tyson's camp), college hockey, lacrosse, wrestling or college cheerleading competitions. Absuse is someone with a platform to make a decision that they are going to champion a downtrodden person or group from a "bully" or dominating force. Some champions are too "soft" to even attack or address the barbarism in some sports. Here is the problem...too many people are allowing outsiders to regulate the culture of sports and other things.

The United States is becoming a culture of creampuffs. this is why these kids are living at home until their parents die and then they takeover the apartment. Get over it!

As for black candidates, the AD position is for the best candidate for the job. College sports has a great degree of black coaches and the more nontraditional athlete spots for college players has been upgraded and raceless. Black quarterbacks, pitchers, hockey players and other olympian sports has been made diverse. Good players are the start for good coaches. Good coaches are the start for Good GMs and Good AD's.

We will settle for Eddie jordan right now. no racism intended he looks like Billy D. williams. No Colt 45 for me when I visit Ruckers coach jordan. top Dawg will drink it.

The Fire the Rutgers President purge continues. It was revealed that Eddie Jordan is a few credits short of being alumni. Do you think Rutgers pulls a Dermon Player (SJU) and makes him take classes after pocketing all of those NBA dollars as a player and a head coach? New Jersey people are livid about Rutgers right now. I can't understand all of the mutiny.

Considering the numerous lies the new AD has been telling according to reports, she has to go if the case because she is not forthright about things.
As for the slew of black coaches in college sports, you must have a bad tv or only watch HBCU games because check the stats of division 1 football coaches and then look at basketball in the major 5 conferences and forget about college baseball and hockey. My point was more about being an AD. Look at the numbers, there are like 3 black AD out of 301 possible schools. How will you know the best person was hired if we not getting interviewed or hired to be given a chance. Show me a black lawrence frank, spoestra, or van gundy.lol Dont be afraid to tell the truth about things and continue the trend of allowing black men to be short changed.

Im a black AD but on the high school level. I can tell you that I want no part of being an AD in college. Being an AD is the same in that your principal or president (in college) trusts you to manage sports because they have other fish to fry. You really are running the eligibility, the marketing and maintaining the standards of the program. the boss wants a winner and a money maker and thats your job. That job sucks on this level and it goes to college and sucks and it sucks to be a pro sports GM. YOu are a lawyer, an accountant and a marketing director rolled up in one.

Now being black may not have anything to do with it because that is a job that works you to death and nobody knows who you are. I spent some time with the Giants GM and nobody knows who he is walking in midtown manhattan. Not even us when he came to the training. He oversaw 2 superbowl championships in 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT