ADVERTISEMENT

Best players on LI?

EKforever

Sep 17, 2010
Must admit I don't know anyone on LI, but who are the best ones out there? known or unknown?

Grade and school please.

Thanks!!!

Lucas Woodhouse(harborsfield) rates as one of top pg(Sledge is with him but they play different styles)...Ash(luhi) at the sg....Tyler Harris (st bens) at the sf...Everyone else is a distant 4th for now..

Dante Agnew turns Lucas Woodhouse in circles!! Lucas nice player but not in Dante class!! People best start realizing Dante is real tough PG!! Chavaughn Lewis should be up there!!

Top 10 in my opinion is yacoubou, sledge, lewis n agnew from mary's, allen n florin from luhi, mcleod fessenden n savaglia from harborfields, and parks from longwood. this is after harris n hagigal left the island.

Harborfield kids not that good!! Decent at best!! Top 10 Tavon Sledge Dante Agnew Mike Florin are heads above Lucas Woodhouse!! Harborfileds doesnt have a top 10 player at all!!!

With the departure of Sheldon Hagigal and Tyler Harris, I believe Ash Yacoubou is the clear cut best player, he's commited to Villanova. Tavon Sledge with the recent commitment to Iowa State would have to be the top point guard on the Island right now and Chavaughn Lewis is definately a sleeper, look for him to have a big year

Ash has not improved his game since his soph year. He really didnt have a good Summer. Sledge is better

You really need to start living up to your screen name. Now that the Harris's are off Long Island I guess you need to support there sloppy seconds. Ash has not only matured and grown as a player he has grown and matured into a fine young man. He is highly respected both on and off the court for his basketball accomplishments and academic accomplishments which he has acheived through his outstanding work ethic. I think the coaches at Villanova would strongly disagree with your baseless comment. I don't recall seeing Sledge invited to Lebron James, Nike Top 100 or Paul Pierce. I wish Sledge all the luck in the world and hope he takes the opportunities that he has been given and makes something good come out of it but there is simply no comparison.

I do believe Ash is still the best player on Long Island until Sledge develops a consistent jump shot, however smartin does have a point, Ash is a great kid and has grown physically but people can make the arguement that his best basketball was 2 years ago under Carey...grant it he did sustain a serious injury last year

I'm happy for both of these kids. The question is who is the best player on LI IMO its Sledge. WTF do the Harris kids have to do with this, why bring them into the convo? I support any kids who plays the game and hits the books,including my own three.

Happy for both these kids? Really. You did not just state an opinion on who you thought was the best player, you made a very disparaging comment on a very talented players ablility. A player who has consistantly played above and beyond for his team, who has quietly done his job without all the smoke and mirrors, who has had a state championship, invitations to every major camp available (including his junior year), been recruited by almost every major d1 college program, has committed to one of those major programs (Villanova), has been named mvp over and over including his junior year, scored over 1000 pts at Luhi alone, and has done all of this without taking any shortcuts. In my opinion Ash deserves alot more respect than your statement gave him.

In my opinion Mike Florin also deserves to be on that best player list . He to quietly does his job and does it well.

And watch out for Anthony Sbarro(sophmore) the kid is going to be good.
This post was edited on 10/6 11:27 AM by concernedparent17
This post was edited on 10/6 11:32 AM by concernedparent17

Well it certainly does come down to Sledge vs. Ash. I would have to give the edge to Ash, although I agree with the already stated sentiment that his improvement seems to have plateaued since his sophomore year, for whatever the reason (no Carey? no Tobias? both?)... and I do feel like Sledge may have passed him by, but I'll give Ash the benefit of the doubt for now. Sledge certainly had the better summer. Will be an interesting year, that's for sure........

Disparaging I made a positive comment abourt Ash I have been in the gym with him more than you Tcould imagine. What I spoke is the truth. I have no ax to grind The kid does play hard IMO Sledge is better. I forgot more about the game than you will ever know no less experience. You obviously have an agenda, leave me out of it,you racist douche bag.

WOW, I don't know what the heck you are talking about, racist??? or where you think you made a posiitive comment. In the gym more than I can imagine? Really? Don't recall seeing you. Spoke the truth? No, as you said it was your opinion.Your opinion does not equal the truth.

I think everyone is right about their points, but at the end of the day both of these student-athletes are attending Major D1 Schools, congratulations to both. This is great for the Island. By the way they are the top 2 players on the Island...

seems to be the opinion of most that something changed after his sophomore year that has stymied the kid's growth as a player, which is strange because it's clear when you see him play that he works as hard as anyone, if not harder.

Mr. Wingate are you going to just let those comments go?...There 1 and 2 on the island...funny neither one are even from LI

s.martinup,

Comments like "racist douche bag" is a good way to get yourself banned from this message board. Consider this a warning.

Originally posted by libball44:
Mr. Wingate are you going to just let those comments go?...There 1 and 2 on the island...funny neither one are even from LI

touche'!

May not be from LI, but both PLAY on LI. As for Ash, he has a bunch of great skills. He was, however, extremely unimpressive in Glens Falls last March. I was disappointed. He was outplayed by a sophomore who as far as I know was unheralded. Just has to be there game in and out regardless of what's happening on the court. I too probably would put Ash at #1 with Tavon a close second.

8TH GRADER TAVON GINYARD YOUNGER BRO OF KHALEEV GINYARD OF SJB WILL BE THE BEST PLAYER IN LI VERY SOON

O really? My money is on the next Harris kid Danny Green's little bro is ready for prime time (plays for the Cho's)tore it up @ Fun Sport. There is also a kid named Aaron Edmead who is nationally ranked. There is also A kid named Brandon Odom he will have to reckon with. I dont know if all of the above mentioned kids will play high school ball on LI ,if they do it will be fun to watch.

Devonte Green has the most potential growth out of all the young kids on LI. Stop promoting certain kids and keep it real, You must not have seen alot of kids on the Island. A few kids you mentioned had their butts handed to them this summer. All the kids that you promote have something in common, I wonder what that is :) Mr. Martinez, be for real..

Who are you directing your comment toward Stateproperty1971? I mentioned three kids Devonte was one of them. I would haven never bought up an 8th grade kid except for the fact that someone else mentioned Ginyard, time will tell. I doubt the three that I mentioned stick around through their high school years to play here on LI.

@RGinyard I've heard of that Tavon Ginyard Kidd and he played against the Devonte Green. and he killed him i think he had like 25 that game? he was and is too much to handle i look foward to seeing more of him.
I think he will be the next big thing coming out of SJB

Congrats to the true best player on Long Island and New York with 35pts and 16 rebounds against St Raymonds and to the entire LUHI team for another great win.

Future top players to watch, sophmores Anthony Sbarro and K.J. Lee!

The most promising player on Long Island is a 9th grader name Terry Harris, yes Tesia, Tobias, & Tyler's younger brother. You heard it from me first.
This post was edited on 12/6 12:53 PM by AZ PREPS

There is some excellent talent coming out of LI for 2017 year. I know it's far away but be prepared.

Where are the guys that come over to the LI site to tell us how much we suck?
Even though Ash is from Queens Lu Hi one player shouldnt be able to put the smackdown on the formidable St Rays.

Where are the guys that come over to the LI site to tell us how much we suck?
Even though Ash is from Queens Lu Hi one player shouldnt be able to put the smackdown on the formidable St Rays.

Yo there's this kid in the 2030 class in the Glen Cove nursery that looks like he can dunk after he finishes his breast feeding. I know its far off but look out. Let these kids be kids for a hot minute before u try to critique them

Without a doubt 8th grade is not too young to start to look @ kids. Of course the development of a player after 8th grade 14-15 yo depends on how some kids mature. THere are some kids that are totally developed @ age 14-15 other dont develop until 17-20. One thing for sure I wouldnt want my kid playing his best ball @ 15yo. THe kids that continue to re-class to gain the advantage usually cant make it stick ala Devonte Grace. 8th grade imo is fair game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT