ADVERTISEMENT

Where is HHHW?

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
Damn. When is their first game. In March? Talk about a pansy schedule.

Their first game is tomorrow (12/17) against Eastport, but I don't think they play anyone noteworthy until they play their non-leagues in January (Hoop Hall, Loughlin, etc.)
This post was edited on 12/16 9:53 AM by no look pass

its hard for long island public schools to play a super tough schedule....they only get I believe 6 or 7 non league games compared to what city catholic and public schools get which must be around 10-12

Super tough is one thing but tough or at least challenging is another.

FYI

HILLS WEST BASKETBALL 2009-2010

DATE
OPPONENT
TIME
12/17/09
@EASTPORT
5:45 p.m.

1/5/10
@COPIAGUE
4:00 p.m.

1/7/10
DEER PARK
6:00 p.m.

1/12/10
@RIVERHEAD

1/14/10
WEST BABYLON

1/16/10
@ Springfield, Mass.
(vs. Sacred Heart, CONN.)
HOOP HALL CLASSIC
1:30 p.m.

1/18/10
@ Baruch College, NYC
(vs. Bishop Loughlin, N.Y.)
BIG APPLE CHALLENGE

1/19/10
SMITHTOWN WEST

1/21/10
EASTPORT
6:00pm

1/24/10
@ West Virginia University
(vs. Chester, PA.)
PRIME TIME SHOOTOUT
12:00 p.m.

1/25/10
@ BELLPORT
7:00 p.m.

1/28/10
COPIAGUE

1/30/10
@DEER PARK
1:45 p.m.

2/2/10
RIVERHEAD

2/4/10
@WEST BABYLON

2/8/10
BELLPORT*

2/10/10
@SMITHTOWN WEST

2/14/10
@ Trenton, NJ
(vs. Christ the King, N.Y.)
PRIME TIME SHOOTOUT
3:30 p.m.

PLAYOFF
LEAGUE IV GAMES IN BOLD PRINT
* Senior Night

HILLS WEST BASKETBALL 2009-2010
Actual Games against credible teams

1/16/10
@ Springfield, Mass.
(vs. Sacred Heart, CONN.)
HOOP HALL CLASSIC
1:30 p.m.

1/18/10
@ Baruch College, NYC
(vs. Bishop Loughlin, N.Y.)
BIG APPLE CHALLENGE

1/24/10
@ West Virginia University
(vs. Chester, PA.)
PRIME TIME SHOOTOUT
12:00 p.m.

2/14/10
@ Trenton, NJ
(vs. Christ the King, N.Y.)
PRIME TIME SHOOTOUT
3:30 p.m.

Like I said, where is HHHW?

what i enjoy the most about these message boards is that someone can comment freely about whatever subject they want up until someone questions something that you're associated with (directly or indirectly) and then it's ohhhhh no! how dare you! what about the children, won't somebody please think about the CHILDREN!!!

please... it's a valid question, as it's quite rare for teams to play zero non-league games before their league schedule begins.

frankly i think hills did the best they possibly can... it's not their fault that their league is so god awful, and playing tough non-league games later in the season will probably help them out come playoff time.

that said, a tough non-league game in december wouldn't have killed them...

4 non league games is how many Long Island schools are allowed to schedule.... so they scrimmaged.
This post was edited on 12/17 12:34 PM by AZ PREPS

Hey I can appreciate that the vast majority of long Island teams suck and that therefore can never really be compared to the city teams. I understand that HHHW did the best they could do with the hand that they were dealt. But I don't wanna hear how they're the best team on Long Island when they haven't played anyone. Players should get ranked by their individual performances but teams should be ranked by wins and losses and against who. Playing a bunch of glorified l.i. cyo teams does not make a team a national powerhouse or even the best in ny. hhhws league is weak even compared to l.i. league which is sad. If they beat loughlin and ctk then come talk to me.

why a bunch of caliber players like the harris' and tavon sledge would migrate, on purpose, to one of the weakest leagues in all of new york beats me unless the logic was to get to the playoffs by the path of least resistance.

Topdawg you have to agree that those four non-league games are against some tough teams at least HHHW is not shying award from playing competition. Remember last year when you talk bad about Lutheran and they won a state championship you didn't eat your words what make us believe you will eat them now?.
This post was edited on 12/18 9:23 PM by AZ PREPS

Seems more like some people want to play Tobias in a one on one matchup. Luhi is not playing tough comp...ohhh i mean HHHW is not playing tough comp..and not early enough. Take Tobias out of class and make him play everyday. That will make (someone) happy. Matter fact, text him right now and tell him to leave class and go to the district office and make them change the rules and make the AD change the schedule....TODAY! JESUS FREAGIN CHRIST.

luhi has a weak schedule relative to city teams but strong relative to l.i. teams. hhhw has a weak schedule relative to l.i. teams which is scary. I can't fault hhhw, they're simply a school in a weak district but clearly some parents of certain hhhw student athletes are slick. Twist the system and transfer in a top point guard in from St. Benedicts to play in a glorified cyo league and get a free ride to the semifinals of the federation where you'll finally get some comp. No chance of and upset. Now that's cushy.

Please tell me how playing at hhhw during the regular season hones ones skills for playing at division 1 schools? If anything it will weakens a players competitive skills. But to each his own. I guess can't fault certain parents for finding a loop hole for a fast and easy path for their kids to get a chip.

Far as I'm concerned tavon sledge is simply being pimped so that (someone) can pad his trophy cabinet before he goes off to college. sledge should have transfered to a real school where he would get some real exposure and not simply be a guy friday for Harris. Does he also fetch coffee?

Don't worry. Reality checks will be mailed out January 18.

(oh yeah, and we're just sharing opinions here so don't get your panties in a bunch. That's what message boards are for.)

since 1/15 ain't here yet, that's a helluva misstep. who are we talkin about here?

Everyone is waiting to see Hills West on 1-16-09 at the Hall of Fame Tournament in Springfield, MA game for Hills West then the Big Apple Challenge on 18th, should be basketball at it best. No missteps at Hills West, but keep up the good work
This post was edited on 12/22 12:06 AM by AZ PREPS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT