ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Harris takes MVP at Providence

s.martinup

Dec 20, 2007
Congrats to Tyler and the Westchester Hawks for taking the Chip in RI. THis years 17u teams were extremely talented with some of the to rated players in the country participating. Tyler was able to shine in the championship game by hitting8 threes to bring home the chip. Nice work kid

It's too bad they didn't award any most valuable player awards in Rhode Island, only all tournament teams. It's also too bad that you can't squeeze eight threes into the seven points that Tyler had in the chip. Other that that, congrats to the Westchester hawks in bringing home the bacon.

Somebody sent me this text yesterday " 6 foot 8 Tyler "Smooth" Harris, MVP he hit 8 three pointer and lead his team Wesrchester Hawks 17's to Providence Jam Fest Championship
67-59."

At best, I mis interpreted the email. At worst looks like the person who sent the text is padding,or sent the text to intentionally mislead me and probably others.

You be the judge.
I always like to see kids from NY do well and excel so when I get a report on a good performance I post it.

Sometimes when you brown nose too often, I guess your most important sense of all, the "sense of common", gets all clogged up and you can't tell a text from an email or, better yet, not know who it came from. Yeah right. Nice try.
flush.gif

Ok first I dont Brown nose anybody. I copied the text from my cell and pasted it to my email app on my phone emailed it to my desk to and copied it from there. I didnt say I didnt know who it came from, I do. I think you do too. THere is no reason for me to lie about it i was surprised as when I read your post and when I read the article. If I was a brown nosing I wouldn't have put the text he sent me on the site.

Maybe the person who sent me the text will sign on and explain the discrepancy. I would certainly like to hear it.
This post was edited on 4/26 5:27 PM by s.martinup

That whole "I copied the text from my cell and pasted it to my email app on my phone..." business is so convoluted it ain't even funny and makes you guilty of, at worst, backpeddling in the 1st degree and starting your post with "Somebody texted me..." infers you didn't know who sent you the text but I will agree with you that Mr. Harris or AZ Prep sho' nuff has some splainin' ta do.

Makes no sense for me to make something up like that(text from AZ), its true. I deserve a ribbing for posting what I thought was true and even believed the "eight three pointer thing" I dont go around posting inflated or false info intentionally. There is no benefit for me whatsoever. I could have easily eliminated the post right after your comments and saved myself the grief of your post but I am letting it remain there for a larger purpose. The info came directly from the kids dad so why would I think it was anything other than the truth?
This post was edited on 4/27 2:12 AM by s.martinup

Re: Tyler Harris - MVP at Providence by Hoop Group

Tyler did hit 8 three pointers in the semi-final game scoring 34 points and he had 3 three pointers in the championship game including some crucial free throw to help seal the game in my opinion if they were to award MVP it would go to Tyler, he did make all tournament team.

PROVIDENCE HOOP GROUP JAM FEST
17'S ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM
MVP: Tyler Harris
This post was edited on 8/22 12:35 AM by AZ PREPS

Top Dawg your a big f king hater what did you say when he had 34 points in semi-final game with 8 - three pointers? Nothing, what did you say when he had 3 - three pointer in the championship game and made some very crucial free throws down the stretch of the game? Nothing, So when someone say he was the MVP in which if you watch all of the game over the entire weekend you would know he was. Everyone knows hoopgroup only name all tournament.

Do you ever say something positive about kids? you must hate yourself so bad its a shame that you hate on kids so much. i sent that texts because Tyler had MVP PERFORMANCE weekend ask anyone who was at Providence as well as the whole team. How many kids can shoot 8- 10 - three pointer score half the points in the semi-final game and come back and have another great game in the finals.
This post was edited on 4/26 10:06 PM by AZ PREPS

here we go with the "you hate kids" argument again.

tell me, is somebody who sits in the stands and yells "you don't belong on the court" at players who aren't related to him "hating the kids" as well, in your opinion?

just checking.

once again... it appears that nobody is saying anything bad about "kids," rather calling out an obvious falsehood from the self-proclaimed "marketing genius."

to that note, tyler is a great kid.
This post was edited on 4/26 9:26 PM by LIHoopsfan

For your information and to set the record straight i am a marketing genius. I don't hate on kids I have help more kids get scholarship on Long Island then anyone. I agree Tyler is a great young man.
This post was edited on 4/26 10:05 PM by AZ PREPS

I am glad I held judgement until you spoke AZ I aslo had a few words today with LI BBall.comand thier snub of a few kids making All Suffolk just so everyone doesnt think I am soley suort just your kids here is the email I sent.

" Tyler has certainly proved to be one of the to talents in his class IN THE COUNTRY. BTW Ted I think you missed the boat on not having him All Li kid has 10 high D1 offers. Another kid that was overlooked Dantre Langhorn he is a low d1- mid major. While I'm on a roll Jamel Flash is another person that deserved All Li Jamel is 6'11 committed to a very good Towson team.
Two others that I know Neil Fishenden played for Sayville has a full ride offer pending his acceptance to Malloy. Nick Sergio 6'9 from at Med. I dont feel your picks are truly indicative of the talent here on LI. Just my two cents."

excerpt'
Leaving some of best talents on LI off of the All County& All LI,& Honor Roll list only brings question to the legitimacy of the list.
Any Coach journalist or "scout" that would not have a kid who is one of the best talents in the nation off of All Suffolk cant be taken seriously or they are not taking the vote seriously. Anyway thanks for taking your time to address my observations. Keep up the good work'
This post was edited on 4/26 11:02 PM by s.martinup

Re: ESPN On Providence tourney & Tyler

Notes

? Tyler Harris (Brookville, NY/Half Hollow Hills West) helped lead the Westchester Hawks to the U17 championship, and did his best work from behind the 3-point line. He gets almost no lift on his jumper but still needs very little space to get his shot off because of his high release point and superquick trigger.

He did have eight threes.
This post was edited on 4/26 11:45 PM by s.martinup

Torrell Harris said: "6 foot 8 Tyler "Smooth" Harris, MVP he hit 8 three pointer and lead his team Wesrchester Hawks 17's to Providence Jam Fest Championship 67-59."

Torrell, you can spin it, twist it, twirl it, flip it, rationalize it or blame me all you like but at the end of the day the text you sent to s.martinup was an blatent attempt to mislead the reader, making him believe that Tyler won an MVP because he scored eight threes in the championship leading to a 67-59 win. And it worked Mr. Marketing Genius until you got cold busted.

now ur trying to cover your sh*t up with perfume. Underneath it's still sh*t. You want us to believe what you meant to say when you said what you said. The only one buyin' your refried limp explanation is s.martinup so I guess a sucka IS born every minute.

Everybody else is reading this thread and realizing, some for the first time, that you're not a self-proclaimed Marketing Genius. You're simply a Bullsh*t Artist who's franticly trying to over-hype his son by any means necessary.

Why not let your son do his thing and let his successes or failures speak for themselves?

Yeah, i'm over hyping a kid who's going to be one of the best in the country offers by 6 high levels d1 programs give me a break you don't even know talent as its stares you in your face. Ok lets put your "BS" on Blast and everyone else. I will cover all bets that Tyler will be Top 15 player in the country before he goes to college in 2012. You can put up whatever amount of money you want and i will double that amount that you put up. In other words if he not top 15 in 2012 class i will pay you double 2 for 1 bet. The only requirement you will have hater you must First put your money up in advance and i will match twice in advance.
This post was edited on 4/27 7:22 AM by AZ PREPS

You just can't make this stuff up...
roll.gif
Smartinup you really are a piece of work. You and Az are better than Laurel and Hardy. You say you are glad you held off judgement until this was cleared up...well let me remind you of some of your posts..."At best, I mis interpreted the email. At worst looks like the person who sent the text is padding,or sent the text to intentionally mislead me and probably others." and let us not forget the one you edited out that stated you will be verifying eveything that AZ says and so should everyone else.......I could recommend some great comedy writing books if you would like to start a new career.
This post was edited on 4/27 8:10 AM by concernedparent17

Dawg I am certainly nobody's sucker. I guess the ESPN write up crediting Ty with playing a significant part the wins is also a farce. You could be taken more seriously if you said one good thing about any kid EVER. You knew Ty had 34 in the semis but failed to mention it. You sir are he one who lacks credibility. For some reason it eats you up to see kids from LI do well. Trust me its a lot better to root for a young mans' success rather than his failure.
You post represent the some of the most despicable rants vs kids/ parents that I have ever seen. Have you ever played bball, have a son that does? Your post wreak of disdain for others and yourself. Hate is a strong word that I seldom use....in this case it's appropriate. Why the hate, did someone forget to change your adult diaper this morning?

CP I'm glad that I can provide you with a laugh for this morning. Laurel and Hardy made lots of money so I'll take it as a compliment. I edited my post because there where things in the post that were no longer relevant to the post. Sort of like the how your posts are not relevant to anything about basketball. Time to go, got a show in Atlantic City this after noon.

Basketball you say.... there is more to basketball then the Harris brothers and their father. I would love to hear about the accomplishments of the other New york and Long Island players who played the tournament.I would even like to hear you report on your sons accomplishments for a change. So if you ever get any other texts about them let us know. Break a leg at your show.

Torrell. I don't doubt that you can buy a #15 spot for your son using smoke and mirrors. Money and deception has accomplished that throughout history if left unchecked. You might have even gotten some traction with your current embelishment if s.martinup didn't put your dirty laundry on blast where u clearly distorted facts, trying to turn 7pts in a championship game into 8 three pointers and an mvp. Unfortunately for you, ya got checked this time.

I believe Tyler's a good kid and a decent player but sending out a text message making him seem bigger than he is is sad and desparate. Your original text implied that Tyler dropped 8 threes in the championship and won a phantom MVP which is simply a lie. To then assert that what u meant was that the 'mvp' was just your opinion is a weak comeback.

I'm glad Tyler scored 34pts in the semis, and thats great, but that is not what you originally portrayed. Why didn't u just say that from the get go? Just fess up and move on. You'll feel better cuz right now you look really silly and ur making s.martinup's nose get browner and browner as he tries like heck to suck up.

Give ur boy a straw, at least, so he won't continue chafe his lips.

It's great that a grown mans overblown ego has him self proclaiming to be a "marketing genius". And even better to have a coat tail riding flunky to co-sign, but no one cares about you. It's about the kids. I've been reading this back and forth childish bantor and am wondering if these really adults or 6th graders? No one has a problem with a father pushing for their kids, but posting a flat out lies is not the answer. Tyler obviously has talent and height and will get his D1 scholarship. Let the kids game speak for itself.Or better yet, have him be the "marketing genius" and tell his own story. Good luck to Tyler. NOW GROW UP & GET YOUR PUNK ASSES BACK TO WORK!!

Re: wing dribble or drivel

THis your st from a few weeks ago Wing
I just got some feedback from the Big Apple Scholarship game this weekend. St Mary's seniors Chaz Morrish (17 points) and Kirk Bailey (12 points)were the high scorers for their team this past weekend at Baruch. They were the only 2 kids from Long Island that made the cut. There were 250 players that tried out and they cut it down to 40 players. Chavaughn Lewis from St Mary's also made the Wheelchair Classic team. This was a real talented team.

THis was my response
"Hopefully those two can find a school Good luck to both of them."
Guess I must be co signing for players you are promoting too. I hold no prejudiced toward players or /parents I wish good will towards players and their parents who support their kids in the sport . I use my good fortune to help others. Call me whatever you want, wont change the outcome of my day........... but it may change yours.

If you wanna call some a "punk ass" its customary in this forum to identify yourself instead of using your alias.
This post was edited on 4/27 3:15 PM by s.martinup

There is a big difference in informing people of facts versus posting lies. St Anthony's players Nico Roberts, Rexton Gordon as well as St Mary's players Morrish, Bailey & Lewis deserved credit for doing well in their showcase events. If I write something it's to give props to kids that did well, not to be a mouthpiece for someone's personal agenda. I'm sure that overall you have the proper intentions for the kids, BUT you screwed up. Stop making excuses, defending and defering blame. Own it and just move on. This posting really has outlasted it's usefulness.

Whoa when you write something its to give kids props When I write something about a kid to its further someones personal agenda? I need to know how that works. What agenda would that be? To top it off you never said a word about REX or Nico until today to bump a thread where the last comment was 8 days ago. Window dressing for the comments you just wrote above.
It is (the tread) what it is. I know one thing for sure I am no mouthpiece for anybody but a proponent for many.
. There is one thing that no one can argue Ty can ball.

Eight 3's and 34 points to LEAD his team to the championship game, it really wasn't a lie but whatever

You need me topdawg...I'm all you seem to be able to talk about.

that or you wake up to nightmares of me...

Torrell. Sending a text out that your son got the MVP in a tourny that doesn't give out MVP awards is a flat out lie and implying that your son scored eight three pointers in the championship is a distortion of the truth at best.

You can either follow up what you texted with more lies, distortions or continue backpeddling in a feeble attempt to cover your tracks, fess up and restore a microscopic amount of your credibility or punk out and say nothing at all. Your choice. Game, set, match.

What you fail to see is that I already mean a whole lot more to you than you will EVER mean to me, and it makes me smile. I'm glad there are people like you out there who cant wait to reply to my posts before I even make them.

Like I said before. You NEED ME topdawg, you go to bed thinking about your next reply to me. What would you do without me? Who's texts would you word for word be deciphering? What facts would you ferociously check up on? Where would the bitterness of your obviously sad, sad life be directed towards? Be happy I'm here.

Your welcome topdawg...your welcome.

I see you decided to take the PUNK OUT route complete with a bonus egotistical rant for our amusement.
chairshot.gif

My work here is done. This thread and its subject title speaks for itself.

"I will cover all bets that Tyler will be Top 15 player in the country before he goes to college in 2012. You can put up whatever amount of money you want and i will double that amount that you put up. In other words if he not top 15 in 2012 class i will pay you double 2 for 1 bet."

- Torrell Harris

I stand corrected. I guess money does talk. Somehow, some way, Tyler is now ranked higher than Kadeem Jack, Tavon Sledge and Ashcraf Yacoubou on Long Island alone and its only 2011. Now I understand why u bet so confidently.
lurk.gif

Keep hating I love it, i guess Torrel paid all the NIKE team that Tyler destroyed at EYBL. The problem with you hater is you don't know talent. The skills set and IQ Tyler has is crazy put that together with hard work and the fact he's 6 foot 8.5 you have a special player. Tyler will be in the green room one day trust me. Trust and be a believer in God and your prayers will be answer.

No hating here. Just stating facts. Tyler is a very good player and will only get better. There are however other players without the Harris name that are just as good or better who have been ranked unfairly or not at all on the rivals list. I don't think God had anything to do with that, but thanks for all of the sermons.

For Tyler's sake I hope AZ is right. However, I don't see him as a top 150 player right now. One thing that concerns me is his slight frame. Unlike his brother he doesn't have the natural bulk some of his brother.

George " Iceman" Gervin didn't have the bulk at 190, but he was very skill and no one could guard him. A ball player don't have to bulk he needs to be very skill and crafty. Also Tobias at 215 is not bulk just lean Tyler is getting lean with less weight and he's very skillful and gifted player on the court and off a scholar athlete 3.9 gpa.
This post was edited on 6/7 8:05 AM by AZ PREPS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT