ADVERTISEMENT

two types of point guards

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
There's a the I'm too short to be a shooting guard so I'll pass the ball only when I can' get mt shot off or when my coach hounds me to pass the ball. They make me run the point only because I'm the best ball handler not because of my basketball IQ

The pure point guard wants to be a point guard and passes the ball to set up scorers to score and uses his scoring ability to keep defenders honest and as another option.

Point guards are like the quarterbacks of the team. Imagine if quarterbacks like Manning were like the first type of point guard and said I really wanna be a running back so I'll only throw the ball only when I can't run or when the coach makes me throw it.

Most points I see in the city are like the first type. Very few are pure point guard.
lurk.r191677.gif

There still are a couple pure pgs left in this city you have to check out a few games, and ask a few coaches

Who are the couple of PURE point guards left in the city? Not hybrids PGs like Jaquan and Shavar. I just thought of one. That kid Nettleton from BK collegiate. He's a pass first guard that's always looking to set up teammates. Who else?

There are pure guards in the city but sometimes there asked to do other things. Some guards have to score due to the team they have, team might be weak. Now we all know Chris Paul is a pure pg but he has to put up numbers at times. That doesn't change him being one of the top ture point guards in the NBA. You can play your role as a pure pg when you have the right crew to work with. A guard that can do a lil of everything and run the team and make them better.

When you make that jump from freshman to varsity, you know how that goes. jr and Sr not giving up there shine to a soph.

Sometimes you are asked to play out of position in high school. It sucks but a team player does what's best for the team. For those players they should make sure they get on a aau team where they can play in position

Very true but a college coach knows a point guard or a shooting guard after he sees him play a few times. And they can tell what type of player the kid is, selfish unselfish and is he a team player. There job depends on it

ALL THAT SAID YOU GUYS WILL SEE THAT WHITEHEAD AND BOONE IS THE BEST BACK COURT IN THE STATE HANDS DOWN. I TOLD LANCE POPS A LONG TIME AGO HE WAS A PG. I THINK I KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT THE POSITION WHITEHEAD BEST PG!

Lance was not the best pg in high school and neither is whitehead. Maybe by the time he gets to the pros he'll be a good pg like Lance. we'll see but not in high school. In hs whitehead is the best sg unless you wanna call him a shoot first, shoot second, shoot third, pass fourth pg. lol

How are the the best back court, first neither one is a point guard. Boone hasn't played a HS game with him yet, and I watched them at IS8, mostly lincoln. He barely played. I saw isaiah Aj and Desi boone did a lot of sitting and they were play south shore saint and his teammates. I saw the metro classic more isaiah Desi not isaiah boone. And boone is a good play just like isaiah. So don't think this is a knock on either kid but its not that kid of combo. But Desi and Isaiah are hard to deal with both and they have chemistry.

FANS DONT BE FOOL WITH IS8 OR ANY OTHER EVENT THAT COACH TINY DIDNT COACH! ZEEK,BOONE DESI IS THE BEST 1, 2, 3 WE HAVE IN NYC IN A LOOOONGGG TIME I THINK I KNOW NYC HISTORY IVERSON SHOT THE BALL ALOT IN HS BUT HE WAS STILL A PG ASK ANY COACH WHO WOULD THEY RATHER HAVE A PG THAT CAN AND IS WILLING TO SCORE OR A PG IS TRYING TO DEVELOP A SCORING MENTALITY JUST ASK KENNY ANDERSON! OH COME TO OUR SCRIMMAGES FOR SNEAK PREVIEW

End of the day you have to respect IS8 in last few years it has fallin off. BUT they had the best talent come threw those doors the almost anywhere. Player flew in coaches flew top players in. Just to play in IS8 and you don't have to know a whole lot of basketball to know that. Isaiah and Desi are two great NY players no brainer we all know that. But respect all the top players in the city, because on this board people have there own opinion. All these kids going to college end of the day thats was the goal in the begining right. And I seen Desi for the first time I was impressed, but theres a lot of talent respect all of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT