ADVERTISEMENT

Tripp

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
That kid Tripp was shot last month. Whats he doing playing this month? Sad to hear that he blew out his knee but who let that kid play in the first place? Kid's dreams are probably shot as well.

This is a sensitive topic because it involves a kids future and his scholarship chances. By all accounts the kid is a good student and has college offers and interests. These college coaches are watching closely and paying attention to his status. AS A AN EX ATHLETE in more than one sport, injury is a mentally crippling and physically crippling experience. The kid wanted to play and I am sure the family and his doctor did due diligence before he got cleared and Jake WOULD NOT LET HIM PLAY WITHOUT THE PROPER CHANNELS BEING CLEARED.

Injury is a part of all sports and there are more than a dozen scenarios that can explain his injury. He was rusty, there was an m&m on the floor, he could have returned too early, anxiety, he had too much adrenaline. Whatever. Now is the time to wish him a speedy recovery and hope he can get back on the court and get that scholarship and help his team win.

I mean that is keeping it positive from an ADLUTS standpoint. Thats the way I see it.

This post was edited on 1/5 11:10 AM by psalguy

Tripp broke his leg. landed wrong after jumping high, landing and caught a wet spot from people's wetness from the snow. He was cleared to play and just caught another bad break...literally.

He is now eligible for an additional full year of PSAL particiation after season ending injury limited him to 1 game of activity as long as he is not 20 before his 5th year begins.

This post was edited on 1/5 8:58 PM by psalguy

BC Coach Jake Edwards told me the same thing. If he finishes his core classes by his senior year, would he be going to a 5th year with no classes. How does that work?

Tripp Can take electives and it is up the school to create and register some classes in Math, science, social studies and english for the NCAA's approval. He can also take some classes on line that are ($300-500) NCAA pre-approved. He just has to have 2 classes a semester to be considered a full time student in high school. He also has to register for the medical exception with the NCAA and show proof.

Now while we are asking how that works, how does Wadleigh get banged from the bubble of this Top 10 list on this site after winning and beating a bubble team and then having a better record. No problem only some college people actual view these rankings with credibility. We keep doing us and playing hard. Politics I guess.

Anyway, its all good because I'm about to start ranking web sites that cover basketball and writers on my new site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT