ADVERTISEMENT

The best guard in ny?

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
is not Desure Buie.in the class of 2015

I think Chris Atkinson from luhi or Jaquan McKennon from dozo would bust his butt any day of the week as a point guard. That dudes too skinny.

I take a summer off an you guys go berzerk.
lurk.r191677.gif

Chris is too small and can not guard Buie, chris does have more range on his jumper but is not a playmaking guard more of a scorer Buie passes scores and defends way better than Chris ( facts ) I have watched both play a number of games and Buie is the better overall player by far but Chris has the better team in Luhi besides ( Quashie usually handles defensive duties of guarding the top guard which leaves Chris to roam the perimeter and leak out for quick scores .

Buie can't guard Chris either. Too frail. I think Buie has the more upside when at the end of the day but it's not the end of the day yet. Buie needs a more consistent shot and more meat on his bones. Chris has a lower center of gravity, can run the point and can keep defenders respect cuz he has the range.

Buie is better at digging himself out of holes that Chris would never dig himself into in the first place. It makes for exciting basketball but no chips

Ok I will agree to disagree we will revisit this conversation at mid season Chris maybe a low level d1 prospect, low center of gravity of course he is like 5ft 6in .... Buie has a higher upside and is the overall better player sure he can gain some weight but that has not stopped him from excelling at the guard position ..... I don't need to be conceited ..... Just well informed .

Top two pg in city Shavar Newkirk and Cj Davis they have done this for three years. From freshman year on, you have to be consistent year after and they have. People are bring up new names or kids who have a break out year or summer, thats not how you do it. AND I'M NOT FORGETTING ABOUT ISAIAH AND KADEEM I PUT THEM AT SG. AND WHITEHEAD ITS TOP PLAYER IN THE CITY KADEEM IS RIGHT ON HIS HEELS. These four kids have been there from day one and have stayed there threw there HS years. Say what you want those two pgs get it done by making there teams better and getting the job done. And whitehead and kadeem are the hardest two kids to stop from scoring at will in either league. And all good kids

Shavar yes. CJ no. This is probably the first year I'm seeing CJ run point. He was hot as a freshman. then faded due to injury. Now it looks like he's back. Cant wait to see

Isaiah has gotten better each year. Kadeem got better but then stayed the same. I use to say Isaiah and Kadeem were neck and neck. Not any more

You look at Shavar and Cj both ran point EYBL thats not an easy league. Thats the best of the best in the country hands down. Two be chosen to run that team with all the top talent in the city. Pgs are some what in the shadow when it comes to playing with star studded team. Shavar (Scan)with Chris,terry,check Cj(Ny lighting) kadeem,Angle,mike, montero. These kids put up the numbers wile you run the team, thats not talked about much. But lighting and Scan won enought games to make it to peachjam. Biggest event of the summer, see different teams different roles they did'nt to put up big numbers. They needed to be that pure pg on the biggest stage. If you saw that metro classic you saw the ball move when Cj and Mike Alston played. Cj and Mike have played together about 4 years very unselfish players.

only one that really can determined weather there pure pgs is the colleges that recruit them. Being a true point you have to willing to do whats best for the team period. And that takes sacrifice you have to ask yourself how many pg or guards will sacrifice the shine the big numbers for the win. Not to many

You got that right. You can only score point 2 or 3 points at a time and there's only one basketball per game. Everybody can't be scoring

I been just reading you guys talk about Desure and Jaquan. The thing with them two kids there good guards and chris also from Luhi. The one thing there missing is that the all haven't matured yet. It's like not being sure what type of guard you really are. And as jrs they should know that by now. But thats hard bcause everybody in Ny with big names are scorers. So now do I want to score or do I run that point like a true point guard.

Cj and Shavar have been there done that they knew what type of guards they were. Sometimes when your asked to do other things on the court besides the point. They still at the end of the day were pgs and recruited as pgs, I think shavar is going to St Joseph's and Cj going to columbia those coaches know exactly what they got pgs "GOOD LUCK"

I think davis and newkirk picked great schools. The right level of play and places where they'll blow up. I wish them both the best f luck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT