ADVERTISEMENT

The Amityville Team Disqualification

It is ridiculous what happened and the penalty that they suffered
However. The rules are very clear and if you want to run a program
You must know the rules. Cheap way to back door in to the chip. Especially
Since they knew if the infraction and kept silent until it benefited them

Thats a said way to win, I was at the game .14sec left all they did was put a 8th grader in the game. He had no impact what so ever on the game he just stood on the court. They made it sound like amityville cheated, and they didn't. Explain what happen so everybody can be clear what happen so LI and others know amityville plays the right way and are not cheaters. It was a mistake on the coaches end. Big overtime game crowd going crazy. U had to make a quick sub with 14sec left, u don't think about the paper work u did or didn't fill out for a 8th grader u brought up on varsity. It sucks

We can make all the excuses for "sports". Follow rules, and we would not be discussing it. "Just a few seconds" "Just and eighth grader". Adults want to be the leader during victories and when accolades are being handed out. When someone must be held responsible for a mistake, then all of a sudden it is someone else's fault.

I've been listening to both sides of the augument and like a typical libra I see both viewpoints. I think the problem lies in the amityville kids who did absolutely nothing wrong and are being penalized for the transgressions of adults. I think the punishment should fall on the coach and not the kids. I feel bad for that amityville senior who's high school career is forever marred by the the oversight of his coach.

A good analogy would be, you work at your job for 20 years. You work hard. Never miss a day. Total company employee but your boss forgets to fill out the proper pension forms and all the company employees lose their pensions. The boss was totally in the wrong and technically the employees should not be allowed their pensions but what did they do wrong? Nothing.

This post was edited on 2/27 2:51 PM by mwingate

There was no excuses just saying I saw the game, those kids worked very hard for that win. Remember that there kids they did'nt know they did anything wrong. If u can tell me that, that eight grader had any impact on there win, I would say you have a point. But he didn't, this all came down to paper work not the game itself. How bout this your boss gives your check on friday you go to cash it, sign you name but you did'nt cross you t or dot your i when you signed it. Should she void your check or let you cross your t and dot your i?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT