ADVERTISEMENT

Steele is a Child-Man

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I heard that Steele Davis is not a sophomore man-child but more like a super senior child-man who's damn near 20+.

OSNA doing what they do best. BS'n

I guess not but it's sad news. I hear the kids name isn't even steel. Some are saying he's really between 19-21. How does his school allow this. Kinda sleasy if ya ask me.

Unfortuntely this is nothing new except for the fact that this kid ran out of places to play. There are some coaches who do not care whether a player is one, two, or even three years behind. This is becoming more the norm than the exception. If you look at players who are coming up through the high school ranks there are many players who are listed on many of these sites as a super frosh, or super soph when in fact they are two or three years older than their competition. Dont get me wrong I am all for a kid who needs to stay behind to mature or get his grades up but as we all know that is not usually what parents do this for. An example is a kid who is at a Catholic High school as a freshmen pulling a 90 average but leaves that school to go to another to repeat that grade. Its plain to see that is done for athletic advantage and thats where it all starts to fall apart for some kids

This is truly a sad day for NY state basketball. For any school(ONA) to stoop to this level is criminal. Sure (ONA) will claim all is good and they did no wrong..Bulls...You guys need a life time band. This grown man has been allowed to interact with young children on a regular. God forbid he has a girlfriend at the school. If I find out that this is indeed the case, proper authorities will be notified. First Jon Reik, now aka, Steel Davis. Any school or college that involves itself with Our Savior of New America is just as guilty as they are. I've heard of win at all cost but this is another level. The only solution is not sanction the school, arrest every person who was involved in this situation. Kids were exposed to interacting with a MAN.

I know that kids get left back or have late birthdays. I also know that the AAU has some age exemptions in their tournaments. I have nothing against those exceptions but this is ridiculous.

This kid is not only faking his age by not one, not two, not three but four years but is also faking his identity. That's some next level sh*t.

I heard that John Riek finished high school in africa and was trying to be passed off as a sophomore at OSNA. The Boston Globe did a 3 page article on it. If a school needs to pass a men off as a boys in order to win then that school is pathetic.

wow
This post was edited on 4/24 1:45 PM by STATEPROPERTY1971
This post was edited on 4/24 1:46 PM by STATEPROPERTY1971

I think that if a student claims to have lost, misplaced his or her transcripts due to a natural disaster that they be required to produce a birth certificate or government identification. If they are unable to produce a birth certificate then a transcript should not be generated until they do. Apparently, as it stands now, a person can enroll in a school and not actually take the class and a transcript will still be created saying they were enrolled but failed the class.

That being the case, I could therefore go to a school and say my name "Barack Obama", for example, and enroll for a class. If I said I lost my previous transcripts, the school would put me in 9th grade until there was proof that I completed additional courses. When I don't show up, a transcript will be created saying Barack Obama enrolled in the school but failed the course due to lack of attendance or payment or whatever. Now, I've created a ficticious person named "Barack Obama" and I can now go to another school, say I'm Barack Obama and direct them to the previous school to get my transcripts (even though they show failures) and verify my existence. That school would probably say "You failed these courses so you will have to take them again" but

When I did the story I was most amazed at how the educational system actually works. Other than grade school, higher education doesn't require proof of age. They only require sealed transcripts on the assumption that that they haven't been tampered with and are continuous from grade school when proof of age was required.

At the same time, they have age restrictions in most high school systems (ie. Public School is 19) with regard to up the last age you are allowed to play varsity basketball.

We focus on teachers, bus drivers and staff who are around students who are minors making sure that they have background checks but there is a glaring hole where an adult can pose as a minor, enter the educational system and interact with these same student. It's kind of like having a security guard and the front door of a building but having no coverage or lock on the back door of that same building.

It's truly scary and I feel empathy for parents with 14 or 15 yo daughters and sons in high school. All I can say is, you'd better check and see who they're dating.

I have a question for those of you with kids in school. Did you ever have to produce a birth certificate for your kids? If so, what year of school?

This post was edited on 4/24 2:30 PM by mwingate

Steele Davis? I heard he played AAU with Jamaal Tinsley in 1993. Nah, in all seriousness, this is very disturbing, more so for moral reasons already mentioned than basketball. Even when older but legitimate seniors date freshmen girls it doesn't sit well, so the thought of this possible legal adult being around minors and nobody's asking questions...this doesn't sit right and I don't even have kids, its just foul. As for hoops, its pathetic and shows how out of hand recruiting in high school sports has become, as for morals its deplorable. Transcript lost in Hurricane Katrina. Wow...wow.

Originally posted by mwingate:
I think that if a student claims to have lost, misplaced his or her transcripts due to a natural disaster that they be required to produce a birth certificate or government identification. If they are unable to produce a birth certificate then a transcript should not be generated until they do. Apparently, as it stands now, a person can enroll in a school and not actually take the class and a transcript will still be created saying they were enrolled but failed the class.

That being the case, I could therefore go to a school and say my name "Barack Obama", for example, and enroll for a class. If I said I lost my previous transcripts, the school would put me in 9th grade until there was proof that I completed additional courses. When I don't show up, a transcript will be created saying Barack Obama enrolled in the school but failed the course due to lack of attendance or payment or whatever. Now, I've created a ficticious person named "Barack Obama" and I can now go to another school, say I'm Barack Obama and direct them to the previous school to get my transcripts (even though they show failures) and verify my existence. That school would probably say "You failed these courses so you will have to take them again" but

When I did the story I was most amazed at how the educational system actually works. Other than grade school, higher education doesn't require proof of age. They only require sealed transcripts on the assumption that that they haven't been tampered with and are continuous from grade school when proof of age was required.

At the same time, they have age restrictions in most high school systems (ie. Public School is 19) with regard to up the last age you are allowed to play varsity basketball.

We focus on teachers, bus drivers and staff who are around students who are minors making sure that they have background checks but there is a glaring hole where an adult can pose as a minor, enter the educational system and interact with these same student. It's kind of like having a security guard and the front door of a building but having no coverage or lock on the back door of that same building.

It's truly scary and I feel empathy for parents with 14 or 15 yo daughters and sons in high school. All I can say is, you'd better check and see who they're dating.

I have a question for those of you with kids in school. Did you ever have to produce a birth certificate for your kids? If so, what year of school?

This post was edited on 4/24 2:30 PM by mwingate

frankly it's no surprise that this kid ended up at OSNA. most legit schools do actually, ya know, require identification... transcripts, health records, etc. etc. there is a reason why he was enrolled at the schools he was enrolled at and not at, say, rice or christ the king or a leigt public school... because those schools would actually require health records, identification, birth certificates, etc., as well as his official transcripts.

i think this is more of a basketball issue than an academia issue. heck... the ESPN high school basketball "national champion," Findlay Prep, isn't even a high school.

a school like OSNA should be shut down for allowing something like this to happen. to say that they did not know that at the very least someting was sketchy with this kid is ridiculous.

i know it's happened at other places... st. mary's had an issue a few years back... but normaly it's with kids from other countries, not americans.

there's a reason why no public school in new york state is allowed to play OSNA...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT