ADVERTISEMENT

PSAL AA Mock Seedings

psalguy

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, I been quiet. No outrageous posts. No getting at Top Frog, no grandstanding. I've been as quiet as a church mouse. In the words of the great Wu Tang Clans Old Dirt B-----, "Yall thought yall wasn't gone see me..? (Triumph, Wu Tang Clan). Well, here it goes. the end of the season approaching. Its like the great HBO shows that caused us to pay the extra $13 a month in the last 20 years. The reason OZ, The Sopranos, The Wire and True Blood are so popular, is because the thrill of "who will be whacked next" is too good to miss.

Here is how I see it, and over the years, I am as reliable as a delinquent student loan bill finding you at your new address.

1. Lincoln - If they take the borough, or not, they are the consensus favorite and if Shaq Davis is back, thats that guard that puts them over the top. I like what Dwayne Morton, the player has done over the years. He's playing defense and that coaches son thing is an afterthought. he is the FLirt (Jefferson) of Lincoln and will be the x-factor. The rest of the team and coaching is prime for a run. The coach hates the borough, but he should take it.

2. South Shore - I wouldn't want to be Mike Beckles for the job of being the World Star Hip Hop Honeys head photographer. He has more pressure than anybody with the "college" NCAA team of the PSAL. The sight of South Shore on the layup line is like watching a team warm up from the Big East. Mike can and has to win the boroughs with no hiccups, but smart money says he gets the 2 seed.

3. Wings - They are deceptive. Their PG is a prime time player and they have showed up for all of the big games they played. They are deep and slammed JFK when I predicted that is what they would do. They have another kid Mohammed who may sign on, and if he does then they are back in the final 4. Not that they aren't there without him.

4. Jefferson - This is where it gets sticky. They can lose to Boys and Girls or Transit Tech in the boroughs. The crime of Brooklyn is that the addition of A Division teams robs that 5th team in Brooklyn from a chance to participate in the boroughs. Truthfully, someone will get left out. This is where Brooklyn Collegiate, Westinghouse, GRady or Robeson can throw that lucky punch and improve their seeding after tough records in the city's toughest conference.

5. Curtis - They have the PSAL's lone signed, sealed and delivered D1 player and if they take SI, they beat some main land teams this season. They have had tough luck in the playoffs but they earn this seed this season and great kids and Richie B is due for that final 4 trip.

6. Bayside or Cardozo - I love my little man Corey and I knew Naclerio since I was 15, and went to high school and grew up with Mike Blisset. In this one, point blank, whoever wins the borough gets this seed. They both better beware of Pathways.

7. Transit Tech or Boys and Girls - Both teams are capable of making noise in the boroughs. I believe that regardless of borough performance, these two teams can make your life miserable if you see them in the quarters. 1-6 had better not make plans for the final 4 if they see these two teams.

8. Gompers - the most underrated team in the league. Sleep on them and their style is very efficient, low key and they are the blue collar team you dont want to see.

9. JFK or Manhattan Borough CS winner - JFK beat the entire Manhattan squad platoon. However, Manahttan Center is fully loaded with 6'8 Josh Ortiz active now. Also, Wadleigh has added 6'7 Dave Henry and Dave Rispers who can add some offense and ball handling. Mott Haven should be taken seriously. TMA is an outside longshot, but Manhattan A Division WHELS and Bread and Roses are not to be overlooked as spoilers.

10. Queens Borough Championship runner up

11. Brooklyn Collegiate
12. Manhattan BCS runner up
13. Edison - unless they win the BCS, thet become the team you dont want to see of the PSAL
14. TMA - if they dont secure the 3rd seed in the borough, they drop from not getting a shot at the BCS
15. Westinghouse - Tough break for a good team that can win that outbracket game
16. Mckee - Charlie D always has them ready to compete and they have talent
17. Mott Haven - beat Wadleigh twice but will have to for the 3rd time to get that 9 or 12 seed.
18. Monroe - a low seed that is very dangerous
19. Robeson
20. Martin Van Buren
21. Campus Magnet
22. Grady
23. Eagle Academy
24. West 50th
25. Truman
26. Flushing
27. Forest Hills
28. Lehman

The last seeds are fall down spaced for the teams who are in the A or B category so teams slide down one.

This post was edited on 1/30 10:55 PM by psalguy

Looks pretty accurate to me. I saw Pathways play at Far Rockaway on Monday. Haven't seen much Queens AA this season, but if what I saw at that game is any indication, some of those Queens A division teams could easily get in the AA and start slapping some teams around. Far Rock's point guard (Tyrelle Gordon) is a bad mutha and they have some size. Going back to Rich Forbes and Derrick Gabriel a decade ago, Far Rock always has some serious talent but eligibility is another issue. Rather watch the As in Queens to be honest. And as for Brooklyn AA, something tells me Transit Tech is gonna mess around and keep upsetting teams. Jeff needs to come to play against South Shore. Should be a good one.

Far Rock? I will bring you back to my man Big Steve Wills (Johnson) and Olivar Taylor for Far Rock back in 86. Dave Edwards (Jackson) vs. Oliver Taylor? 44 for Dave and 36 for Monster. He who Knows, knows.

I remember Stacey Castle did damage at Far Rock too, but he was in the early '90s. I was born in '77...I was too busy watching Sho'Nuff smash up Daddy Greens pizza shop in '85.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT