ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Which is the best NYC Spring/Summer Tournament?

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
Which is the best NYC Spring/Summer indoor tournament?

THE PARKS IS THE BEST TOURNEY! BUT MOST OF OUR YOUTH ARE TOO BRAINWASHED TO UNDERSTAND THAT. THATS WHY THERES NO REAL SKILLED PLAYERS JUST ATHLETES! SEND THE KIDS BACK TO PARKS ON SUNDAYS WITH THE OLD TIMERS. IT DID WONDERS FOR THE PLAYERS IN C.I.

#Factsssssss ..... i herd a young player not to be namee say "I DONT PLAY ON CONCRETE" lmaoo all i could say is wow OK

Dayum. The IS8 really fell off. I heard there were only a hand full of people at the championship game way up in the woods of Brooklyn. I remember back in the day if you didn't get to the chip early and with your own chair you weren't gonna see the game. Now its but a shell of itself. Next time around they should split the teams into divisions. The teams that suck go into one division and the teams that don't suck into another cuz pool play was hideous. At this rate in another year the IS8 will become the ISTooLate. Its like the IS8 doesn't care any more about anything but the money. Good thing its free to get in. I guess fans are finally getting what they pay for.
flush.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 6/7 2:26 PM by TopDawg7

If you remember these things then you pass the test.

1. "If yall don't move off that court, that ball is getting roofed! We running a long one".

2. "This is our park. We shirts and YALL are skins. Game is 42 switch at 22. By two!

3. "Black Chris had next after Thirty Rob, Rob had next after Shakim, Sha had next after Roj Burwell and we had next after Rob. You got next after Hector".

4. "Game is straight 32 for a case a Old Gold".

5. "Shut out. 12 zip. NEXT"!

Played a full court game Sunday in Harlem at St. Nick and 140th with some kids from the hood that needed one . I thought I would die but no lie...25+ years older that these high school kids and I controlled the boards, got 2 blocks and scored a few buckets. Some of these kids claim to play for their high schools too. They was so concerned with "crossing" somebody or cherry picking for dunks, it was pathetic.

When kids say they don't play on concrete thats just another excuse to be on facebook, twitter or XBox instead of working on their games. That cliche been disproved time and time again since the 70s. All of the major torn ACLS ot Achilles I witnessed occured on hardwood.

Oh yeah, Harlem and Brooklyn and my mans Mario Turner from Rochdale Village Queens are still doing street tournies. Charlie Rock holding it down at Amsterdam Houses, Greg Marius still pumping at the EBC on 155th, 145th Rucker, Save the Children on 140th and Lenox, Show SToppers on 150th, The HUNC tournament on 140th and St. Nicks. Dre Calloway Sr. still getting a joint in the Grant Projects going 20 years and running bullets flying and all. Keeping it going.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT