ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Top NY 17U Travel Team

scan does it right? Then I guess the winning formula is to get kids from countries with questionable birth certifcates or reclassed players. They do have the best team but doing it right is a stretch.

andrew bormen at house of sports is doing a great job with elite 17 team hall of fame tournament final 4 gym rats final 4 pitt jam final 4 hoop mountain co champs A great bunch of local kids working real hard

Riverside Hawks Isom has been impressive. Making the finals at Philly Jamfest Open Division Semis at Hall of Fame Spring Classic. They have some pretty impressive talent

Did scan break any aau rules ? If they did then u need to report them
Until then they do it right

Nah. No need for me to report them. You know what they say, a foul is only a foul if the ref sees it and calls it.
rolleye0012.r191677.gif

That's up to their opponents to call that foul. If they don't, then they deserve to lose

Having re-classified kids on your AAU team is not illegal although it may seem unfair to kids in the right grade with the right age, so that being said almost all aau teams have reclassified kids on there roster aau rules state either a age exception or a grade exception is acceptible ( meaning kids can play up but can't play down whether they are older it doesn't matter as long as they are in the right grade ) plus any kid can reclassify as long as its done before you enter into high school, meaning middle school or junior high school.

No way. NY Lightning has been the most consistent team this spring. Look at the Nike EYBL record. Lightning 11-8, Team Scan 10-6. Men lie women lie. Numbers don"t.

I don't believe Team Scan is a aau team. They are a travel team so all that aau mumbo jumbo doesn't apply. Devonte Green is the oldest freshman I've ever seen .
rolleye0016.r191677.gif

WHEN YOU PRODUCE PROS YOU ARRIVED AS LEGIT SUMMER, AAU TEAM FACTS! SO STOP THIS TEAM SCAN BULST

I love this site. Everyone has good points. That's what makes America great
Truth is I love NYC and all It's flaws

Damn those were some strong words about a team that was the concensus #1 team last year and brought back all their players. Hopefully this can be settled in the rumble thsi weekend with both teams at full strength.

Looks like the Gauchos and the Panthers have gone the way of Jason Kidd. Great past but no future. Team Scan is beating them at their own game both on and off the court. The summer games are being taken over by teams with no pst but a great future. I wouldn't sleep on The City. New Heights and Lightning have remained a consistant and constant threat. New Heights even survived when The Rens did a home invasion and stole all their players. Lightning survived by removing the L.I. stigma from their name. Maybe this is a good thing. Dog eat dog. Only the strong survive. There were too many NY teams anyway

This post was edited on 6/4 2:56 PM by TopDawg7

ALL THAT BEING SAID, JUICE REMAINS THE ONLY HOME GROWN LOYAL TO NYC AND STILL HAVE THE TOP PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY AT THE SAME TIME. BUT LIKE I ALWAYS SAY " AAU BASKETBALL IS JUST THE ICING ON THE CAKE!

Very true juice is home grown, every team gets there time. Juice has been good for years and they are still strong. Now there are teams just as good or better. (matter of opinion) There are some top home grown playing with those two teams they voted top two. The crazy thing if we put all those top NY home grown players together. NY could do big things anywhere against anybody, but thats another subject. Every team gets there times, Riverside, Panthers, Gauchos and juice ran NY for years. It just other teams times right now. And some of those programs have produced pros.

Very True Sha but the Juice All-Stars should now be called Juice All-Star because Whitehead is the only one with pro potential and even he got rented out to the NJ Playaz. Talk about sleeping with the enemy. Why not stay local and at least sleep with a local Nike team like the Lightning or Team Scan. The Playaz Club? Local? Really?

I made that decision rented out NEVER! Sometimes players just don't fit in a program. Sometimes you have to removed yourself from ALL this NYC negativity. It would be much different if all the I KNOW EVERYTHING about Basketball guys would give these children a breather and stop. And far as SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY? Whitehead has way more ENEMIES in NYC! And that's SAD! I rather him SLEEP with Enemy then be stabbed in the back by the Enemy! NYC AAU has taught these children it's ok to play with whatever team thats going to give them the most minutes it's a week by week basis or even day by day. Isaiah LOYALTY is to Juice! When teams ask can he miss a Juice Event I have a problem with that! I understand that winning is a GREAT thing but I ALWAYS taught Isaiah that WINNING isn't EVERYTHING! Being Loyal is way more important. I LOVE NYC Basketball but sometimes I ask myself do these coaches have these children best interest, I don't know? Remember Coaches are Teachers, can you walk away knowing you taught these young men LIFE MORALS or LIFE SKILLS thats going to make his life better in the long run? If you say YES then Job Well done, if not thats a problem.

Maybe rented was a bit strong. Let's say he was loaned to the NJ Playaz for the EYBL. I agree for the most part Isaiah has been loyal to Juice but alot of players follow the lead of the College players who follow the lead of the NBA players. They bounce around from team to team with no loyalty to school, team or even state. Their biggest concern is "starting" as oppose to finishing. They want instant gratification like a video game. Everybody wants to start right away without earning the spot.

Confidence is necessary, Cockiness is OK if you can back it up but most of these kids are delusional. Most are one level below what they think they are and two levels below what their parent think they are.

The reason Whitehead wears a bullseye is because many of these delusional NYC kids believe they're on his level. They thought the same thing with Lance. Now he's in the NBA and they're back around the way.

ISAIAH WANTED TO PLAY AGAINST THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE. IF YOU KNOW BASKETBALL THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GUESS LOYALTY. IF THERE IS A PLAYER THAT HE CAN COMPETE AGAINST AND HES WEARING PRO-KEDS THEN HE WANTS TO MEASURE HIS GAME AGAINST HIM. POINT BLANK THIS HOW WE DO IN BKLYN! WELL MOST OF US LOLOLOLOLOL

"IF YOU KNOW BASKETBALL THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GUESS LOYALTY."

WTF does that mean he asked rhetorically? Nothing he answered. That makes no sense figuratively or literally. If you know basketball then you shouldn't have to guess loyalty. That's deep.
laugh.r191677.gif

WTF IT MEAN? IT MEANS THAT REAL BALL PLAYERS SEEK COMPETITION. REAL PLAYERS DONT LET THE GAME USE THEM THEY USE THE GAME TO GET THE MOST OUT OF IT. REAL PLAYERS CAN GO TO HIS COACH AND SAY I WANT TO PLAY HERE OR THERE WITHOUT THE FEAR OF ANYONE THINKING THEY ARE NOT LOYAL REAL PLAYERS PLAY BALL PHONY MF LIKE YOU TALK BALL! OH MY BAD THEY TYPE ABOUT REAL MF

SPORTS U IZOD is the top program top to bottom. 12U #1 in region, 13U #1 Natonally, 14U #4 Nationally, 16U #6 Natinally won Rumble, 17U #8 Natinally. All verifiable

What does loyalty have to do with all that gobblety goop you just said? You just made that sh#t up. In a different thread, I agree with what you said but in this thread its pure pig latin. Nice try though.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Isn't Sport U in New Jersey? I thought we're talking about NY

What the hell happened to the Panthers and the Gauchos? They use to be New Yorks finest. Now they're just scraglers. I guess everybody has their day in the sun but the sun always sets.

This post was edited on 7/1 6:42 PM by TopDawg7

There is no team or program in NY, NJ or CT that is on the level of Sports U. I know this suppose to be a NY thing but facts are facts

AAU SUPPOSE TO GET YOU READY FOR YOUR HS SEASON! WHICH TEAM IS DOING THAT YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR...........

ADVERTISEMENT