ADVERTISEMENT

nychoops.net.nba.com

psalguy

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2008
Just curious. I know Wingate covers small fry to college but with two NBA teams in the playoffs 15 minutes away from each other, the basketball focus is definitely on the NBA this weekend. IT hasn't been this wide open and exciting in years. As a lifelong Knick fan, here are some thought to bounce off you folks. Now here is where the Top Dawg guy can fart his opinions out without my ire, because paid athletes have no protection on the the 1st amendment act. High School players and low to mid level college kids get a pass under the "on the right path to success act". Well here goes;

I experienced Coach PJ Carlissimo in the the 8th grade when I played for the HAP program at Xavier high school. He was intense and pretty much looked the same. He was coaching a drill and stopped every time something wasn't right and barked at the top of his lungs for us to correct it. At the end of the camp, I remember the pizza boxes coming in with the sodas and him going to each kid after a 1 hour camp and shaking our hands and calling us all by name and talking to our parents. I was a Seton Hall fan because I had a lame picture with him. When he went to the NBA, I remember the Latrell Sprewell incident. Last night, PJ had the right to choke the Brooklyn Nets. This morning, Billy King announced that he was fired. After seeing that Nets series, I can't think of any coach who could have done anything better with that B list team of players with something to prove that proved one thing. Coach Deron Williams or Joe Johnson, and you are fired.

Joe Dumars has too many lives. Those hundreds in the bank with the little face have been spent from the championship days of him and Isiah. Why is he still the GM? Darko Milicic over Carmelo, questionable head coaching hires, poor free agent signings, lame draft picks and poor talent assessments and he is 10 years in that management seat. Phil Jackson has been hired by the new owners to "help select" a new coach. Lawrence Frank is out and it looks like JD is on his way of having his ranks cut back. Phil Jackson will never take a job in that city, but JD has finally been put on notice.

Carmelo Anthony's style of basketball reminds me of three players that all have the same thing in common. Dominique Wilkins, Bernard King and Adrain Dantley. They all will be Hall of Famers and they all will die championshipless. Carmelo had a great season and reverted back to 2011 when the going got tough. I blame Kiwi Shoe Polish beard 100% for the Knicks near collapse round 1 vs. the Celtics. Up 26 with Shumbert and that Argentinian guard on the court in the 4th quarter, woodson looks down the bench and see Carmelo with the towel over his head pouting and puts him in. The result? 20 unanswered points. No time out, no set plays and CArmelo takes 5 one on one shots in the process. Manage Anthony's shot selection or the team will turn on him and this one shot deal run of a season ends vs. Indiana. They wear all black to a game 5 in the first round listening to a lifelong fool. The best thing for the Knicks was to bring Charles Oakley back on the bench for the rest of the season. Seems Woodson doesn't realize the relief the rest of the team feels when Carmelo is on the bench.

Was that Westbrook injury unfortunate? Yes. Now the people who hate his game realize that he brings a lot to OKC. Also the people in management at OKC realize it could be done without him. If OKC makes a run, look for a 2 for 1 deal that may send him packing to one of the LA teams. Hes another player that has the habit of playing for the other team when things get tough. Also, OKC is a 3 point shooter and a pass first play maker away form taking the whole thing.

Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Kevin GArnett, Paul Pierce and Amare Stoudamire will have new uniforms on next season. Possibly Kobe Bryant will too. Speaking of Kobe, never thought I'd see on Joe Brown or Judge Judy against his moms. Seems that would be the only route to soothe over a real court proceeding. With all that money, he should have the class to just let it go. I guess that competitive spirit transcends into the family dinner table too.

Derrick Rose played for the the wrong team, the wrong coach and in the wrong era. When Memphis loss to Kansas, I saw some DNA traits that exposed him somewhat. When he cried like he was tear gas attacked in that Adidas shoot I said Hmm. Now he is being selfish and not even willing to give that injury a shot? Chicago can beat Miami because of the matchup problems they present. If he doesn't get dressed and give it a go, Chicago is going to turn on him. Anything less than a championship next season (wont happen), he will get ran out of that city. If Chicago still had Rodman, Horace Grant or Bill Cartwright, they would know what to say. If Pat Riley is coaching Rose would have been on the court months ago or barred from the team until he was able to play.

Head case Harden proved that he can't do it alone, while Jeremy Lynn made Raymond Felton look like the Knicks got Chris Paul afterall. The attention needing "beard" guy has gone fishing and can get all of the attention he needs on vacation. Hopefully he comes back with a haircut and stops the foolishness and learns to play some defense and grabs a rebound or two. Jeremy Lynn couldn't defend if he was a lawyer and the teams that were viewed as making bad mistakes are still alive.

This guy Jason Collins put that Stanford education to the maximum. His coming out of the closet party comes when he is averaging 5 points and 2 rebounds and in his 12th season. If he was a straight player, he would be done and that would be it. Now he puts the NBA in a precarious position that if some team doesn't step up and be a trailblazer and hire him, than the NBA is homophobic, prejudice and wants no part of that 3 ring circus. Why didn't he make this announcement at New Jersey or Boston? Here is the true 411. At his age he is entitled to a veteran's exception (not the minimum) and no team will sign him because he is old and he ("stinks"..no pun intended). Look for him to land a job in the media.

This post was edited on 5/5 3:59 PM by psalguy

Lance Stevenson looked pretty good out there too. just thought I would mention that. Weren't there some people on this engine that threw the towel in on him a couple of years ago? Well he looks like a 3 position player that will be around in this league for the next 10 years to me.
cool.r191677.gif

LOLOLO. HATERS DONT GIVE POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. THEY JUST KEEP QUIET AND WAIT FOR SOMEONE DOWNFALL THATS LIKE SAYING PSAL KIDS CAN BE SUCCESSFUL! THEY WILL NEVER DO THAT! OH PSAL ITS THE NBA THAT NOT MOE AVE. OH YEAK LANCE DIDNT LEARN ANYTHING FROM HIS HS DAYS? LOLOLOLLOLO NYC IS CRAZY

God forbid the high school coach had anything to do with his success LOL! I saw this dude when he got to town. He really seems like he got taller and he has developed into the HULK! I got a feeling he ends up in Brooklyn as a
Net one of these days, but one thing is for sure, he will cash in on this next contract!

Big shout to the Lincoln staff. I was listening to ESPN radio and one of the assistants from the LAnce era called in this morning! True Story! Who was that?

OF course Phil Jackson doesn't want the Nets job or doesn't want to hear what they have to offer. He doesn't want the Russian's Millions, he doesn't want to return to a 2nd tier media outlet in a large market and he doesn't want his teeth kicked in by the Knicks on the back page day in and day out. Not even to get that deep with it, he won't take a job where he doesn't have the best team in the league. The most credit I gave him was willing to go back to the Lakers. That would have been his lone challenge as a coach. No Jordan, no Pippen, no Rodman, No Grant, No Shack, No Horry, No 1 seed and no Tex Winters. He would have got that $10 Million per payday for 3 years, (which sobered up Mr. Buss momentarily), made a run at a championship and got bumped off. He'd rather deal with the biggest quitter in the league, the most selfish player in the league and the oldest deteriorating player in the league...Anything is better than coaching Deron Williams, Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez even at $15 Million per.

The Knicks are mentally focused on Miami. The will get to see them next round...from the audience. You cannot win without height, nastiness or defense. The Knicks have none of that. I really liked Carmelo Anthony at Denver and still think this was a good trade mainly because Denver is home again in round one with all of the players we gave up. However, that smile is starting to urk me whenever he misses a jack up, a lay up or can't guard anyone at that position. JR Smith is done in this town. There are too many distractions here and New York is Babylon. Anytime this city can kill an uninjured players focus when pressure mounts, its time to go. Raymond Felton has become the most reliable Knick and that spells doom. Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler and Steve Novak ran out of gas at the wrong time. ITs bad when we as fans are relieved to see Amare Stoudamire come back to the rescure...That's if he doesn't snap a ligament putting his pants on or break a bone brushing his teeth. Shumbert is hope for the future but has the lowest IQ as a player you can find for a 2nd year player. My prediction, if the Knicks lose Tuesday, its over in 5. If the knicks win tuesday, they have to win Friday or its over in 6. Back up the truck if we don't win this season.

Jalen Rose is proving to be one of the most competent commentators in the league's broadcast history and one of the most honest at the same time. Well spoken, insigthful and artuiculate. Big shout to the producers who gave him the first chair in the new broadcast structure. I am thoroughly disgusted with Magic Johnson after being in the media for 20 plus years now for not investing in an oral communications or public speaking course. While mutilating the English language he manages to to be a Lebron James homer no matter what else is going on in the league. The only other media person worse than he is in terms of having a speaking job for the NBA is Sam Mitchell. Shame on the NBA for paying people who have an obligation to the viewers to not sound any different from the days of Roots the New Generation. They both make Charles Barkley, another butcher of the English language sound like James Earl Jones. Time for the NBA to clean up the grammar on the air. Kids are watching!

Golden State looks really good and reminds me of RUN TMC under Don Nelson. Just think that outside of Chris Mullins, Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond, they had Sironus Marcialonus, Latrell Spreewell, Rod Higgins, Victor and Tom Tolbert off the bench. Today's Golden State is just as deep and also has Anruw Bogut. The most loyal fans in the NBA are back and there are two reasons I am glad for that city...#1 They gave America a break in getting Mark Jackson off the microphone as a play by play man....We love you for that Oakland. #2, Al Attles the1st black NBA player to then be a coach for the same team to win a championship is still working for the same franchise after 40 years at the age of 76 years old as a team ambassador. They also have Jerry West the NBA's best executive and he's proving that now.

Memphis is the Pistons from the late 1990's. Conley isn't Isiah Thomas but close this season. Jared Bayless is almost Vinnie Johnson and Pointdexter is a Joe Dumars striver. I can definitely say that Gasol is Laimbeer or better, Randolph is Mahorn with offense, Darrell Arthur is James Edwards, while Tony Allen and Tashaun Prince make up for DEniss Rodman and John Salley. If they win it all, I am not shocked. Lionel Hollins who I remember getting chased around the court after a cheap shot on Tree Rollins (That was funny) like it was a freeze tag game is not Chuck Daly. He did have the guts to bench Allen Iverson and that resulted in the cult hero's spiral out of the NBA. My dark horse for the NBA championship this season.

Nazr Mohmmed tops the long list of players who played for the KNicks and left and got a ring or a better life. He lasted longer than some of his Kentucky teammates who were supposed to be NBA Hall of Famers. Would anyone believe he may be the lone one to make the class in a few years? Check that Roster from 1995-1999 for Kentucky. He may be the lone wolf from that tenure to make it to the Hall. Other than Jamal Magliore and Scott PAdgett, who else is still playing? The aspiring amateur boxer from Chicago pushed Lebron James to the ground possibly costing his team a better chance of competing on Friday will be remember for "The Push" more than LEbron will be remembered for the "DEcision".

If JR Smith is ejected and suspeded for that swipe, why is Chalmers playing after that lariat on Noah? The refs in professional sports are briefed, have agendas and are staffed to control the outcomes of games. Until they start firing refs for incompetence I am a believer. Since the whole league refs were not fired after the Donoghey scandal, I am suspicious of any and every ejection and suspension in the NBA.

Lance Stephenson an All-Star? His time is already up. Will he resign in Hooiser Town? Will he come back home to the Nets? Help save the Lakers? Take big money from the Rockets, get traded if the Pacers decide to go with Granger again? One thing he won't do is have to prove that he should have went before Andy Rautin.

ADVERTISEMENT