ADVERTISEMENT

no ones safe this year

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I was jus checking out the top ten and I don't think anyone is a lock this year. everybody is gonna get some rude awakenings especially lincoln and ck.

wings is nice as is. I'm still not sure if their new big man makes them better or worse. either way they are gonna hurt some feelings. I think hayes and loughlin are gonna bust some bubbles this year. To me they are 1 and 2.

teams without legit big men are gonna be exposed.

TopDawg, I think what you said for the most part is true. For the last 3 years the bigs (centers) have not made a big impact on games. Its been guard play pg,sg and PF, I can't remember the last big man (besides Luis from St.Rays) Who made a big impact in big games. And it will be interesting to see if wings are better or worst with the big man in the middle. I watched wings play at the beacon they run a lot so will the have to change there game a little for bigman? Hope things work out for them

I just think teams are gonna run this year just beacuse there not a lot of bigs in either league. In the playoffs it might hurt not to have a big, not regular season.I saw that at the beacon championship. Luhi vs Molloy the bigs did'nt really have a big impact

TopDawg, I think what you said for the most part is true. For the last 3 years the bigs (centers) have not made a big impact on games. Its been guard play pg,sg and PF, I can't remember the last big man (besides Luis from St.Rays) Who made a big impact in big games. And it will be interesting to see if wings are better or worst with the big man in the middle. I watched wings play at the beacon they run a lot so will the have to change there game a little for bigman? Hope things work out for them

I think you may have a point to a degree. Bigs will effect the Catholic schools more than public schools during the regular season. PSAL will always be uptempo. It's run top to bottom by guards. That's how they roll. Their bigs aren't really that good anyway.

In CHSAA hayes, ck, loughlin, rays all have decent bigs so teams like cross, molloy and xaverian will have a hard way to go. Lincoln will probably smash the PSAL due to size advantages.

I still say, there will be major upsets.

Oh yeah. Molloy is underrated and Boys and Girls is pathetic except for that young point guard.

I was there with a coach from another HS, he did'nt get mvp just for points. You run the point 99.99 pct of game,Luhi also they played like a box in 1. Only a true pg can get four or five guys in double digits. You hear most teams with two kids with big numbers then they got a big man that helps out. I think they might sturggle because there lack of size not heart. And its hard for first year vars players to adjust so quick.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT