ADVERTISEMENT

Mr. Basket-bawl

1. Mr. New York Basketball, 2. Gatorade Player of the Year 3, Naismith POY Finalist, 4. McDonald's All-American, 5. Jordan All-American, 5. USA Junior National Team.

This post was edited on 3/25 7:19 AM by AZ PREPS

YouTube - tech.mov

not to mention a nice career in the discus if this basketball thing falls apart. i heard that medal flew a world record distance.

AZ,

Soft drink, hamburger and Basketball sneaker titles come primarily thru politics. We all know that. Tru character is earned on the court hence Mr. Basket-bawl added to his list of titles by the NY Sportwriters.

Throwing a hissy fit and getting yourself thrown out the game and costing your team a shot at the win along with throwing the 2nd place award on the floor doesn't bode well for character.

If I were u AZ I'd talk to my son about character and stop politicing for more and more hardware to convince him thru smoke and mirrors of something that cannot be earned through politix. Repect and manning up when u lose.

The unfortunate part is that Tobias is at his core a good kid but he gets associated with ur persona because u act as his mouthpiece.

Hopefully moving to TN will give him an opp to become his own person and not the image configured by his pops cuz that image sux.
This post was edited on 3/23 12:35 PM by TopDawg7

You talk a lot of smack behind the computer, i dare you to approach Tobias dad with your smart remarks regarding his sons. But one day he's going to find out who you are and we will see what you have to say at that time.

Lots of people gain a false sense of bravado behind fictitious names. I hope for MR Dawgs sake that he remain anonymous. The remarks he makes about Mr Harris and his family reflect cowardice when hiding behind a screen name.

Originally posted by s.martinup:
Lots of people gain a false sense of bravado behind fictitious names. I hope for MR Dawgs sake that he remain anonymous. The remarks he makes about Mr Harris and his family reflect cowardice when hiding behind a screen name.

and mr. harris' remarks while hiding behind a screen name reflect... what exactly?

If that question is posed to me. Everyone knows who AZ is ,this guy Dawg has gone to far with personal attacks.
This post was edited on 3/24 9:56 AM by s.martinup

When you garner all kinds of accolades and are the face of NYC/LI basketball and beyond you will be open to criticism some justified and some not. And some will come from people who are jealous and want to see you fall and from others like the New York Sportswriters who are unbiased and fair observers. For better or worse it comes with the territory. As Tobias ascends the basketball ladder he will face more and more of it, so perhaps, and I hope, this becomes a teaching/learning moment for him.

Don't think anyone who saw the game defends Tobias' reaction. It was born out of a deep sense of frustration. Tobias is entirely unaccustomed to things going against him. Defeat/failure are not things he has often encountered. Frankly facing adversity/defeat/failure is a good thing although the less of it the better. In life we are all dealt way too much of each. The key is, of course, to strive and give your best best effort all the time, something Tobias has to be given great credit for as it has been his work ethic, and not Dad's promotion, that has garnered him the success he has earned. Reacting the way he did is simply not acceptable, although perhaps understandable under the circumstances. Since I am a big fan of T. Harris, I hope he grows and learns from the experience as I believe he will. For surely their will be equally frustrating moments, hopefully very few, at Tennessee and beyond.
This post was edited on 3/24 10:40 AM by oldschooll

Didn't think I'd see us all agreeing on the same thing, but well said.
This post was edited on 3/24 1:19 PM by AZ PREPS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT