ADVERTISEMENT

McDonalds needs to stick to chee burgers in NY

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I just checked out the McDonald all american nominees and almost coughed up my coffee I laughed so hard. I know there are slim pickins in New York so they could only come up with four names but Kentan Facey, Jordan Washington, Tafari Whittingham and (who) Jaleo Wilkens?

and those are just the nominees. That's who they're going with. John Severe is not in the mix is beyond disgusting.

Its like someone said give me a list of your best apples and they gave them rotten avocados and said close enuf. lol
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/17 4:20 PM by TopDawg7

That's true but you mean to tell me these four "can(not)didates" are at the top of our list? GTFOOH

NOW THATS ANOTHER F----ED UP STORY--
JEMAIN HASNT PLAYED A GAME IN MONTHS--NOR HAS HE EVER WON ANYTHING OR PLAYED VS A RANKED PLAYER AND HAD ANY SUCESS WHATSO EVER-- TALENT IS THER BUT HASNT MATERIALIZED YET---

JORDAN WASHINGTON? ARE U SERIOUS HE IS TURNING 20 MAYBE HE CAN PLAY IN THE BURGER KING GAME

FACEY? OH PLEASE

NO NYC PLAYER MCD WORTHY I GUESS IT IS AN HONOR JUST TO BE MENTIONED SO THEY MENTION KIDS TO MAKE IT LOOK GOOD--

Apparently, Mcdonald's organization admits that they made a mistake with regard to Tafari Whittingham and Jordan Washington who are not eligible to be nominated. Whittington is playing at a college out of state while Washington hasn't played this season for Pathways Prep.

According to the Daily News, Howard Garfinkel of 5-star basketball is being blamed for the mistake while the 83 year old Garfinkel is claiming he never submitted those names.

This post was edited on 1/18 1:50 AM by mwingate

The Athletic Director nor High School Coaches did not do their job. The McDonald All American Committee had the link on their website for them to full out their Student Athlete information till December 15th and the only players that was nominated responded. Now once again we might have no New York State representative in this years game once again. Well we might have one Jermaine Lawrence but they have him listed coming from New Jersey. The best move for him, he qualifying and moving on.
This post was edited on 1/19 4:36 PM by Team Rucker

If you think about the history of the McDonald's game, lets face it...out of those 24 kids selected nationwide, 20 of those kids on average end up in the NBA. Before we say a kid was snubbed, try to think of the kid in an NBA uniform 3 years from now. would the kid be a likely pro? Most of the McDonald kids do one or max 2 years in college. Now even the Duke kids are leaving early.

New York is way down and there are too many fingers to point but the truth is other states kids are playing more than one sport and that is really helping their players. Football in the summer and fall and cross country track in the spring make basketball players from other states more prepared.

Maybe its time to accept that basketball is not as important to kids in the urban New york setting. I don't think kids love the game as a whole in New York anymore. Too many alternatives to working hard, getting better and being the country's elite. to blame AAU coaches is cowardly and old. Try blaming, Facebook, Twitter, XBOX, World Starr, Playstation, Marmott, and True Religion. the kids are given those things without jobs, having to sell drugs or rob. Thats where the lack of hunger sets in. these kids are spoiled and tehy have no idea how spoiled they are.

All those roadblocks you mention are not unique to New York so that's not why basketball is down here. As far as burger snubbing goes, every top player of most top high schools gets nominated. The list is usually like 1200 kids or about 25 kids in each state. Nobody usually gets snubbed in the nominating process because everybody and their mother gets nominated. Now your right, most of the players in the actual game are gonna go pro but most of the 1200 nominees are likely not to go pro. Thats why I feel nominating ineligible NY players and overlooking obvious choices like Hassan Martin and John Severe is ludacriss as Mike Tyson would say. Its a snub to New York as a whole. I bet nobody got snubbed in Chicago. I really didn't expect any NY players to get the nod but I expected a at least 10 to 12 to get nominated. I'm just saying

This post was edited on 1/23 12:28 PM by TopDawg7

I am telling you that the roadblocks mentioned affect NYC more than any other place in the U.S. If you look at all of the major companies that sell those products, New york leads the world in sales. Where are the poor? Being poor in NYC and you go to a shelter and these women are wearing $300 boots, $500 coats and talking on $700 phones and their kids are outfitted the same way. I have family in Detroit, New Orleans, Chicago, Gary and St. Louis. I visited them regularly. I can tell you that those kids compared to these spoiled New York kids are HUNGRY. Trust me on that one Top Doggy Dog. Not saying the teen population in total but the sports kids in those cities play for real and for keeps.

As for nominees, in the past there were at least 100 in New york. Im talking in recent years. Getting nominated had a lot to do with playing for certina AAU teams and going to certain schools from NYC. Tell me the last NY kid that took his game all the way. My choices are the 3 kids from Lincoln (Lance, Sebastian and Stephon), Charlie Villenueva, Ben Gordon, Royal Ivey, Charles Jenkins and the two kids from Long Island, Danny Green and Tobias Harris. None of them are the NY players of the 1980's where you had 30-40 kids going to the NBA.

Getting nominated is overrated. I coached nominees that have that Mcdonalds nominee red and yellow certificate in a frame. tehy had a better chance getting nominated for president than to get picked for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT