ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln HS Alumni Game June 22nd

Re: Lincoln HS Alumni Game June 1st

GAME POSTPONE TO JUNE 22, 2013. THE PROS SAID THEY NEED TO BE THERE

Yeah maybe you can bring Lance Stephenson in off the bench behind Kevin White.

In the past 10 years, a lot of college and pro players in basketball and football came out of Lincoln. I am laughing hysterically that Lance Stephenson is playing as well as he is in the NBA Eastern conference finals. there are a few ding dongs that should be ashamed of themselves for burrying the kid for dead after sitting his 1st 2 years in the NBA. "how do you like me now"?

My favorite Railsplitter was the football player who went to Florida, fought off an injury and ended up at Syracuse. I forget the kids name but at 6'1 he was a terror in 2 sports.

More Lincoln news!

Jim Halley, USA TODAY High School Sports

Lincoln (Brooklyn) guard Isaiah Whitehead shined Thursday at the NBA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va.

1. Lincoln is the land of guards. Lincoln (Brooklyn) guard Isaiah Whitehead, an elite 2014 recruit, quickly established himself at the camp with his court vision and fast pace. He's following a proud tradition at his school, which has produced NBA guards Sebastian Telfair, Lance Stephenson, Jr., and Stephon Marbury.
WATCH: Whitehead's Secret Weapon is his explosive first step
PHOTOS: Lincoln, Lincoln, Lincoln
"It's the coach, definitely, because he was a point guard himself," said Whitehead of Lincoln coach Dwayne "Tiny" Morton's propensity to produce point guards. "He's showed me the screen and roll and everything."
Whitehead averaged 22 points, eight rebounds and five assists a game while leading the Railsplitters to a Public Schools Athletic League AA championship this past season. Though he's considered a combo guard, his future may be at the point because he's big enough at 6-4 to fend off opposing defenders and has great anticipation.
"I can see plays ahead of time, where players are about to go and how a player is about to defend me," Whitehead said. "I don't think all these other guys here have been taught the same way I have."

ADVERTISEMENT