ADVERTISEMENT

Lance Got Served

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I'm happy for Lance Stephenson but not last night cuz Yada served him up like sushi last night at Dyckman. I ran to the store to get him some ankle tap but they were all out.

I dont understand why pros risk their careers on street concrete tournaments. I know this NBA dude who told me that his insurance didnt cover injuries on motor cycles, speed boats, rock climbing, animal attacks by pets and "summer league sustained injuries on concrete". His contract had a list of NBA sanctioned summer leagues that he could participate in.

As for Lance getting served, by Yata (Sundiata Gaines I presume?), Lance just carved up the Hawks, the Knicks and the Heat and put himself in a position to sign a new deal with a team in the $5-8 Million per year category for 5 years, and thats an NBA bargain. Yatta is talented and I grew up playing in tournies his pops ran in Rochdale Village. No suprise he can break Lance down. He breaks down the best of them and keeps climbing. From Molloy, to Georgia and making it on an NBA roster every year, he still works as hard like he has something to prove.

Yall are Funny Lance will See NY in the Dyckman Playoffs. Have fun thinking yall got the best Lance performance for the summer. Just letting yall know he got in the books see yall in August.

Its a catch 22. We says kids need to play more outdoor basketball to learn the game but playing outdoors on concrete is risky at any age cuz you one fall away from the end of your career before it even starts. I saw Ron Artest years after he had no business out there diving for loose balls against locals like a maniac. People say he's crazy but maybe coming back to dyckman to play gives him his edge in the NBA. I guess just like if you're a pro race car driver you can't practice at 65 mph cuz its safe. You gotta push it to the edge and take chances even when you don't have too. That's how you become winner by being more daring than the next guy

All 3 of those guys are in the NBA and they are professional players not kids. There is no catch 22. If you are going to get hurt, your chances are more likely going to be on hardwood. All I ever saw people get on concrete is a broken bone. I just figure, why risk it? To often people slum it in everything to certify themselves with this "street cred". Reminds me of always running into P Diddy at this fish spot uptown or going to my corner store and seeing Charlie Sheen buying 40s of Old English. If they get hurt, it wont be worth it.

like homie said its a catch 22 if he in the park and DONT play people gonna have somthing to say. if he step on court and STREETBALL and dont give his all people gonna have somthing to say ...... #Facts is he step out on court and got delt with first matchup goes to yada

Well, nobody has ever got severely injured on concrete and I would hate to see one of the NBA guys lose money over people running their mouths. 3 certain things in life are bills, death and people running their mouths. Just isnt worth the risk to me. That said, big shout to Yada.

Any kid with a promising high school or college career or simply a promising life could bust his head open or injury himself severely on a concrete outdoor basketball court. The fact that a pro athlete makes millions doesn't make his future more important than another. Playing outside on concrete is risky business no matter how old you are or what you do. That is exactly why more and more student-athletes are playing ball indoors. Maybe if those old heads really want to teach these kids how to play the game, they should come inside too. The flip side is sh*t can happen just walking down the street. A lot of these guys didn't get where they are by playing it safe. They're adrenline junkies. That's probably why the ones who a too scared to play on the black top are probably not pro athletes and idolizing the ones who are. We say Ron Artest is crazy for playing outdoors in Harlem and diving on the ground for loose balls but that's exactly why we love him and would have him on our team any day of the week. He's Queensbridge 4eva.

All a part of the new diva standards. On concrete, players are more cautious subconciously. If you dive on the ground on concrete for a streetball game, thats on you. Hardwood conditions such as moisture, debris, dust and weather bumps cause more injuries in the ligaments than concrete. Concrete your bones and joints go faster. I have had pink meat exposed on both knees, elbows and forearms as a teen playing on concrete. These clay courts they have now are not truly concrete. The hood respects these new courts. We had a broom in the park house to sweep the courts for broken glass, cans, crack vials, syringes and bullet shell casings in the late 80s and early 90s. No joke. Concrete builds character.

just think in the 1960s and 1970s, the prevuious ball players played in canvas converse chuck taylors, canvas pro keds, lowtop suede pumas, lowtop ponys and adidas had the 1st quality basketball shoe...the sude toe Kareems with the padded ankles. Nikes made no noise until they signed George Gervin and Moses Malone. I still have those posters.

Bottom line is I been broke too long. Give me some NBA money and I will still eat pot pies and grilled cheese sandwiches. Id be too afraid of being broke again. Ray Williams died living out of his car in Mt. Vernon without a penny to his name. He was an NBA All Star. Adrian Dantley is a crossing guard in Maryland because he has no medical insurance. Iverson is about to hit rock bottom and be the focus of a slew of documentaries.

Sorry that you're broke. We'll take up a collection for you.

The generations before will always teach future generations because experience is the best teacher. Concrete is a dangerous material that should have never been used for basketball courts. Figuratively its used to describe an era and represents the essence of streetball but literally it's busted up a lot of heads, knees, elbows and other body parts. Back in the day, that's all we had but we're not back in the day. Experience is the best teacher but we should also learn from our mistakes.

If you're a grown ass employed man and still "pot pie and grill cheese broke", obviously you didn't pay attention to the latter part of the previous sentence.

Me being broke is hyperbole. Its figurative langauge. I got paper you keyboard internet shit talker. People who are in the circle know me. Im always on a plane headed out of town and stay with money. In fact if I dont have $500 in my pocket that means Im taking a shower. I was alluding to losing or wasting money if an NBA player was to get his contract nullified for getting hurt doing things his contract doesnt cover. Jason Williams from Duke lost his NBA contract on that motorcycle accident and Monta Ellis lost a year on his when he crashed on that dirt bike. "Grill Chesse and pot pies", me? I came up on that stuff and glad I dont have to eat that anymore. no shame in my game. If I have to I will but not at the risk of losing millions of dollars. It would be by nostalgic choice for me to miss slumming.

Ball players start off playing on concrete. The indoor gyms were far and few for the average player to just go in and play. Concrete is where legends were made. Its a new day now. You never played ball in your life and thats what makes you such a bitter dude. you one of those guys that can't enjoy the blog experience by just sticking to the topic. you have to hide behind the keyboard and throw subs when you wouldnt dare do it in person. Do me a favor dude, please stick to the subject matter and knock it off with the insults unless you signing in your real name.

I hear you Diddy
laugh.r191677.gif

Jason Williams formerly of Duke University was featured on REal Sportsl last night. his motorcycle crash ended his career and he ended up losing millions after his conrct got voided. Chicago Bulls gave him Michael jordans locker stall and he represented the future of the team.

the Bulls covered his insurance and paid him for one season and while he was rehabbing they drafted a new PG.
He made one attempted comeback that lasted one month.

ADVERTISEMENT