ADVERTISEMENT

Jefferson Major D1 Signee

psalguy

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2008
Big shout to my dudes Bud Pollard and Sylden Jefferson, Malik and Slow and the whole staff. Why? Cause they are in the worst part of the the country coaching basketball and they are starting to get their kids to stay with it and rep the Orange Wave.

The Orange Wave is the name of their team but walk 5 blocks and the Orange Wave is a wild west gang shooting it out in Brownsville and East New York. No connection, but Jefferson has had some of the wildest kids in the hood and they went to college. College, and after living in that area that should have had the national guard on deck.

Long story short, Edison Avilla from the Bronx and formerly of Rice and Jefferson is headed to University of Oklahoma and will play for the Sooners in the Fall of 2013.

If it is more big time than that, tell me how!

PSALGUY

Props to Avila for getting to D1 in spite of going to Jefferson. He didn't go from high school straight to D1 so I give credit to the coach at the juco he went to for staying on him to help his dream come true.
happy0005.r191677.gif
I hope he gets to where he wants to be in life.

Your credit aint worth shit. That kid went a JUCO in Kansas and were tops in the nation. His coaches from High School made that possible and shelled out money for him to travel eat and supported him into the right situation. What do you mean in spite of going to Jefferson?

Seriously man. What do you do in life that you have this pedestal (imaginary) where you feel so comfortable criticizing the efforts of other people who do more for the youth and culture than you do? If you work for this website as a rabble rouser than I am ashmed of my man Wingate. If you don't you are a pathetic coward who ain't good at nothing other than being a critic. The only difference you make in life is creating the ring around your bathtub on Saturday nights.

You have had nothing to do with the success of anybody. Until you prove otherwise you are a limp biscuit.

Nobody's credit is worth sh*t. Yours included.

I give edson avila all the credit in the world. Its all about him. He picked himself up by the bootstraps went to JUCO and achieved his goal despite the odds. He started out in a rough environment got out and moved on up. I sincerely hope he excels because to me, it's all about intestinal fortitude and not about those how hunger for the credit.

When a kid fails, no body want to take credit but when they succeed everybody jumps on board claiming credit. That's why I say, at the end of the day its about the kids inner desire and less about the hangers on. I do think that who ever coached him JUCO probably had the most to do with guiding and molding him so that he evolved and got better then just mediocre.

When I saw him at Jefferson he was raw with height and D2 at best. He's obviously worked on improved his game to a D1 and gotten his grades right so again I say congratulation to avila and to the JUCO coaches that raised his game. The only rabble who seems to have been roused is you. lol

I'm done.
lurk.r191677.gif
You may continue whining PSALguy.

This post was edited on 5/1 6:03 PM by TopDawg7

My question is, where do you get off feeling you have the right to give or take credit to anybody for anything in this game. You are so uninformed it is pathetic. Edison had D1 OFFERS, not interest, but OFFERS by his junior year. What raw undeveloped talent are you talking about? I will bet you a few things about yourself and I don't know you. 1st, I will bet that you did not qualify academically for NCAA requirements. Second, In SPITE OF GOING TO JEFFERSON? You would not last 2 years in today's Jefferson as a student. Finally, I know that Jefferson is open all year around providing a place for their kids to avoid bullets and trouble. That kid lived at practice and open gym and the weight room at Jefferson to make that JUCO happen. He could have ended up at no offense at a local CCNY 2 year school.

Big Bud and every other coach who knows what it takes and how hard it is to see a kid get out high school period SAFELY and then go on to college, you share in the success of the kid. 1st and 2nd round on me.

As for the people who have all the ideas but ain't doing a damn thing except burning GBites, let them do what they do, and see how many kids seek them out years later and say, "I want to thank you for criticizing my grades and my game on the internet under some anonamous name and you motivated me and Coach, you were right all along; the more time you spend on the internet, your wrists will get sore".

When someone says "I give him all the credit" that doesn't mean they are bestowing him with anything or taking anything away. It means edson avila is responsible for himself and gets the accolades for his success by applying himself both on the court and off the court. I had nothing to do with that an neither did you, Did people help along the way? Of course, from birth to death but we are all ultimately responsible to and for ourselves therefore ALL the credit goes to him for what he's done in his life. Do you even understand what the word 'credit' means in this context?
I agree. Uninformed is pathetic, especially for a coach.
chairshot.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 5/2 3:49 PM by TopDawg7

I'm not going back in forth with you dude. You are too insecure as a person and too uninformed as a spectator of this game. Your lone talent is assuming something and making a judgement. You aren't in my league. You don't have the fortitude to get your hands dirty in this game. You know how many people of all walks of life are out here trying to offer some assistance and help with these kids success and in this game? Any man has the ability to help when it comes to humanity and very few men have the stomach for what you do; sit back on your ass a criticize others and lend your feeble wooden couterfeit $.2 cents.

Game over dude. I can't for now. I guess until the next topic when you return your foot from your mouth.

This post was edited on 5/2 8:54 PM by psalguy

You can't stay on topic to save your life unless someone agrees with you and your way of thinking. When you run out of logical things to say, you always sink to insults, like clockwork There's actually a name for it. They call it the "Yo mama" syndrome. You usually last about 2 posts then you go postal. It's hilarious.
party0006.r191677.gif
I never go there because this is just a message board where people exchange opinions. It's not personal except to you.

Anyway. Way to go edson.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT