ADVERTISEMENT

Is LI better or NYC worse.

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
I think NYC is worse. So much worse that LI is starting to look like they have legit talent. Its like when you drink and go to a party that is unfortunately filled with grenades and landmines. After you throw back a few, some of grenades actually start to look good.

That's why God created hangovers. So you realize how wrong you were and pay for your transgressions with pain.

Dawg please with the BS. Look no further than the last two All Americans from NY Tobias Harris & Jay Pinkston Tobias is putting up numbers & starting for a team that is rankled in the top 15 nationally While Jayvon is sitting @ home never played a minute @ Nova. Lets not forget about T going head to head with Corey Fisher @ the Garden Fisher got his ass handed to him check the stats.
Not to mention Melsahn Basabe who was not even ranked in the top 100 starting for Iowa getting 8 points 7 boards a game. How many of your NY freshman are putting up those kind of numbers? Dont try to come with D Lamb ,he left Queens when he was in 8th grade.

Out of the few players to make it all the way up the flagpole to the nba or even the nba summer league recently, how many were Long Islanders?

Right now even you are rooting for Devin Ebanks (NYC), Lance Stephenson (NYC) and Samardo Samuels (NYC).

Its a bit to early to talk about who's who in college especially with the confidence building non-league fluff games everyone is playing but nice try.

Its seems to me the order of things goes like this

1.NJ
3.NY
9. Long Island
10. Westchester

You are reaching when trying to claim Samardo Samuels. Samardo never went to school in NYC he attended OSNA then St Bens He is a Jamaican National.To answer your question AJ Price & Danny Green. Kahiem Seawright played in summer league before heading to Spain You only have 2 Ebanks and Lance. Demographically speaking that puts Long Island ahead.
If your calling Villanova vs Tennessee a fluff game then there is no longer a need to carry on this conversation because clearly you have lost your mind.
alien.gif

This post was edited on 12/8 7:19 PM by s.martinup
This post was edited on 12/8 7:20 PM by s.martinup

Fact checka 1,2,1,2. Samuels was born in Jamaica but lived in Queens, NY.

They beat Nova all else is fluff. That's it so far. Get back to me when the the Vols turn up the volume. I'm not saying that TN won't make noise this year but let the year begin first before you get all moist.

Fact check did Samardo ever, ever ever, attend a NY City School....no. I only used TN as an example to dis credit your false and tainted assessment of Long Island talent vs NY. I think my work is done here.

PS did you see tonights highlights ESPN JJ Moore?
This post was edited on 12/9 12:48 AM by s.martinup
If yopu really want to get a fair assesment no better way to compare class of 2010 that are freshmen right now and put them vs NY 2010 freshmen.
LI frshemen
6'8 Tobias Harris --point forward---TN
6'9 Rod Odom Small forward---Vandy
6'8 Meslahn Basabe power forward---Iowa
6'5 Josh Elbaum point Guard--Vermont
6'3 Darien Davis

Coming off the bench
John Nielsen
Niel Fishenden
Nick Sergio

NY Team
Coley--Stony Brook
Javon Pink---Villanova
Collier
Pankey
Southwell
anyone else you want to add to the list

Base upon the numbers the above freshmen are producing in their freshman year LI holds the advantage.If our 2010 class played your top 2010 class clearly the game would be won by LI.You are always on the offensive when it comes to LI players. When the announcers on ESPN announce Tobias Rod JJ Josh they announce them as players from NY. You should spend less time trying to justify your misguided opinion of LI talent and worry more about how NY adds up on a national scale. All of this NY vs LI is so ancient. with that said. I'm done proving you wrong.
This post was edited on 12/9 11:20 AM by s.martinup

Its not where they attend it's where they resided. Because if we go by where they go to school, JJ is from CT and Odom is from out of state as well. Samardo resided in Queens and went to school in NJ

as far as proving me wrong, my original statement was "I think NYC is worse. So much worse that LI is starting to look like they have legit talent."

A point which you have proven for me if you are including John Nielson and other low low D-1 players in the debate.

L.I. has always had the lead when it comes to low d-1 players or mid-high d-1 bench warmers. There are always exception to every rule though.

John Nielsen? Are you serious?
laugh.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT