ADVERTISEMENT

George Beamon

Beamon is a freshman and he is seeing minutes and scoring points. Nuff said. I had my doubts about him to but you have to give credit where the credit is due. Good luck G Beamon.

THe best team in NY is from Long Island HHW.THe best kid on Rice is Kadeem Jack from LI. THe only Mcds All American from the NY is from Long Island. Pulllease stop with the Sean Johnson crap he was horrible at CTK had no bball IQ Kieth Spellman had the worst attitude than any player I have ever seen thats why his azz did not get recruited.

Kadeem Jack lives on LI but where does he play? Once again enough said trust me if Tobias lived closer to the city he wouldn't play on weak island.Last I checked he wasn't on any LI aau teams. Keith Spellman and Sean Johnson will run circles around beamon and don't give me that freshman garbage if ur good u play right away. These kids on LI are treated like babies the fans have to remain silent when a kid is on the free throw line such nonsense. Name one kid from LI doing work at a D1 school.

AS I recall WE had just had one win the NCAA championship last year Danny Green and AJ Price bought his team pretty far in last years tourney. THey also were both draft picks in last years draft the only three NYers were went GReen Flynn and Price.
Contrary to what you say more NYers are going to Jersey and Ma or prep to get exposure Angle Nunez, Cory Fisher, Devin Ewbanks, Russ Smith,DEvon Collier,Ashton Pankey,Cory Wright,Danny Lawhorn, Fatty Mcmillian,Delarosa,Sidicki I can go on but wont. Bottom line the best players from NY are getting the hell out of NY.
Speaking of freshmen whats up with NY's Golden Boy Lance Stevenson? 6 points a game? Today he had a whopping 4 points. The next pros from NY will be produced out side of NYC and the boroughs.

see u know nothing those guys didn't leave because of basketball try grades on besides and fine tune their games . also i wrote how many kids r doing work now in d1 programs. at least he starts and he will be a pro when and if he matures he is head and shoulders better than any kid on LI who came out in his class. still basketball on LI is wack
This post was edited on 2/21 7:24 PM by elijah10

have you ever heard of donnie mcgraph from jfk plainview great player story is he wanted to get better so were did he go to play NYC Gauchos ended up at providence and had a nice career.

Not even a third of those kids left NY because of "grades" none of them were flunking out,in fact most of the schools they matriculated to are actually harder than the ones they came from. I give you facts and you give Donnie Mcgraph You are talking 20 years ago bro!!!! Donnie Mcgraph LOL Stop just stop. THis is getting stupid and the more you try to make your point the more ridiculous you sound.

To make matters more laughable you contradict yourself within the same sentence!! I quote "see u know nothing those guys didn't leave because of basketball try grades on besides and fine tune their games."

in the first part of the sentence you say they didnt leave because of basketball but in the same sentence you say they wanted to fine tune their games. Stay consistent homie.
This post was edited on 2/21 8:31 PM by s.martinup

It's not the talent that makes L.I. bad, its the school system and the set-up. Whereas NYC team may have 3 good players on each team, rarely do you see that in Long Island. You usually see 1 good kid, if you're lucky, surrounded by 14 kids who suck.

Luhi and Hills West got good due to their ability to import and there playing in NYC and nationally to get looks. Players like J.J. Moore got good looks by exporting their services outside of L.I. and playing for NY AAU teams like the Panthers.

Long Island also has way too much political b.s. to ever get a decent rep.

Unfortunate for L.I. talent, basketball is a team sport so you need a competitive team to get any looks. If basketball were like tennis you could shine all by yourself.

Beamon probably could have been a better player than he is but because the only mentality he learned was shoot shoot shoot, when he finally got off the island and into the real basketball world its been a tuff road.

When I say L.I. sucks its the island, not the talent.

You are right Dawg the LI "system" is horrible and will prolly remain so. Waay to political.

i am consistent li basketball sucks these coaches out here are garbage they don't know how to develop kids. besides mcgraph played for providence about 4 yrs ago. keep trying homie to justify your hometown. once again NYC all day. like i said besides hills and lutheran what other non catholic schools play in the city. and i know hills is a public school homie and that only happened because of Tobais, lets see if they play in the city next year. if LI ball players were so good how many LI kids are on Hofstra's and Stony brooks roster and making an impact. oh hofstra has 3 doing nothing and brooks has 0. terrible u can't find good talent in your own backyard. Homie
This post was edited on 2/21 11:16 PM by elijah10

My bad Donnie last played on Long Island in 2001. You are using you measuring stick Hofstra & Stony Brook? Speaking of Hofstra isnt the all time leading scorer at Hofstra Antoine Agudio?
A school from LI does not have to "Play in the city to prove out to be a good team" Longwood this year has some D1 and they could challenge any public HS team in the five boroughs. You are talking a whole lot of trash but not saying anything.

Give it a rest. In order to have intelligent argument there must be at least 2 intelligent people involved in the conversation. Clearly in this case we are minus one ....so go get some body with some sense and ask them to help you out.
This post was edited on 2/22 10:27 AM by s.martinup

i will not stoop down to ur level with the name calling all i have to say is NYC Basketball all day. no matter where this conversation ends ur going to believe what u believe and i feel the same way. Born and raised in the nyc and forever will be a fan of good basketball.

After seeing Longwood scrimmage St. Mary's and Luhi the other day I would have to disagree about that statement. Luhi blew them out and St Mary's was on top also. I was very disappointed to see how they played after all the rankings have them placed.

You have already done that by saying LI sucks,and by bashing G Beamon for no apparent reason. G is playing and contributing to his team as a freshmen. I didnt call you any names I am merely suggesting that you lack the capacity to articulate your argument.

Look no further than yesterdays headlines that read The state championships will go through the burbs. Even the experts here at NYCHoops agree.
This post was edited on 2/23 2:02 PM by s.martinup

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT