ADVERTISEMENT

Disturbing & Punk Ass Parental Behavior

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
Yesterday during a 12 year old Metro AAU championship game between the NY Rens and Court Masters from Uptown, NY, I witnessed one of the most dispicable and punk ass acts imaginable by a parent.

There was about seven secs left in regulation and The Rens were up by five. The Court Masters coach wisely instructed his team to foul the ball handler to stop the clock. One player committed the foul but a larger player followed up by committing a hard and flagrant foul that sent the Rens player to the ground. What happened next was off the chain.

The parent of the fallen Rens player (who was not hurt) came running on the court and tried to clock the player who committed the hard foul. Luckily he swung and missed the kid who would've been seriously injured had he connected.

Adults swarmed the court to subdue the parent before he could swing on the kid again. Chaos ensued as the crowd ushered the irate parent out of the island garden.

Rather than face the music, the parent then jumped in his car, leaving his son behind, and sped off.

The game was obviously called off but ironically not only was that parent a punk ass coward but he cost his sons team the win.

The police were called but said since the parent didn't connect on the punch thrown, no real charges could be made. What about attempted murder? That parent's intent was clearly to decapitate that kid, factoring in the force of the punch.

It's one thing when parents fight each other, it's another thing when an adult goes after a 12 year old boy. Both acts are unacceptable but the later is criminal IMHO.

Both kids were crying after the melee not because they were injured but because they couldn't comprehend the behavior of the adults.

Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: master1105
So I was there as well, and NOT a part of either team, I was so appalled with the behavior that was displayed across the board! What are we doing people??? NEVER is it OK to go after a child like that......NEVER!!! There is no excuse or reason for that behavior. I don't want the kid to suffer but that father should be removed from the program....PERIOD. Was the other team Crown Elite though? I thought I saw a different name on the Jersey. Just one other small thing to add, I also saw this behavior amped by some people and that is scary. I have to be honest here, I was by the bench and I heard adults speaking of "Killing the dude" and the kids thinking it was all funny....I say this not to put blame but for us all to become aware of how we act and react and see what it is showing our kids. It was sad that such an awesome day of basketball had to have that incident in it...HOWEVER...I will say that the situation was handled extremely quickly and professionally by the staff. I hope they are able to find and charge the guy with something as I know it has to be on tape somewhere.....

Reactions: mwingate
ClA6K-wWkAA_XtC.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT