ADVERTISEMENT

Deer Park Basketball

da4thquarter

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Deer Park H.S should be ranked higher than 9th in L.I with the addition of transfer Keith Williams, returning soph Aaren Edmeade, juniors Kyle Bradford all L.I 2nd team, Rome Jenkins, Senior Sean Scott, don't be surprised if we win it all this year.

Agreed. Deer Park definitely has a good amount of talent this year. Do you know if they are playing any challenging non-league games?

according to schedule the only non leauge games are north babylon and riverhead...you would hope they would play a tougher sched.....the have a ton of scrimages they are all against suffolk county schools.

I agree and told alot of people that on paper Deer Park will be hard to beat this year..they have all areas covered and they can deep into their rotation,should be interesting for the underated coach at Deer Park. He finally has his dream squad for at least this year and next..Good luck Deer Park..Bayshore will be another dark horse..these are 2 teams with a tremondous amount of speed and athleticsm..I think they are a pre-season top 5 team..

Deer park played a couple of tournaments this fall season one being the tru ballerz tourney we took st rays down to the wire lost by 2 pts ..... Beat bayside high .... Blew out salesian and finally lost to wings academy in the semi after losing one of our top players Keith Williams a transfer from john the Baptist early in the first half .... We are going to be very good this year.

Also Deer Park won the Stony brook team camp in the late summer beating harborfield,Northport, William Floyd and east Islip in the championship.
If we continue to play unselfish we will be a extremely tough out.

So in other words, you get a free ride in a weak conference to get to the finals before you play any competition? Part of getting to the finals is supposed to be rising to the top of the heap. Never heard of Deer Park. Now I know why.
lurk.gif

your right because they lost to east islip an we beat them in the chip, and we also beat Harborfields in the West Babylon league

Again, not doubting that Deer Park is talented. It's just a shame they won't play anyone of note until potentially March. These Long Island teams that think they are talented need to get out to at least one major game and/or tournament. I know many of the public schools are limited as far as non-league games. However, they should take one of those and schedule a tough PSAL squad or luhi. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Deer park played St Rays and Bayside during the summer , one lost one win, two very good teams one catholic one public

THe season is here rankings mean squat LI public Schools havent produced much with the exception of Harris bros and Sledge.You would have to go back to Agudio & Carter before that AJ at the Ville to talk about pub school impact d1 players. For some reason I cant picture Pitino, Huggins, Self,Calipari, coming to town to check a LI pub school game.

Pre-season rankings don't mean much, especially on Long Island. Half of the teams never play each other and many of the better public schools have weak league schedules and play non-league games that do nothing but create an inflated sense of how good they are. Teams win by 50 all season, then there's a 32-29 final score for the Nassau Championship game. Many teams that are typically there at the end (Longwood, Chaminade) don't play in the better summer and fall leagues, so everything is left to a guess. The truth comes out in March, and honestly, the current rankings will likely mean zilch by Christmas. The only rankings that mean anything are the end of season rankings.

Summer league is no comparison to the regular season. Too bad Deer Park will have basically one shot to prove themselves, in March.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT