ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Jay Mumford

LIHoopsfan

Sep 6, 2008
Dear Jay Mumford,

Long Island is not a peninsula. It's an island. Thus the name.

The Bronx & Westchesters (Yonkers to be exact)? That's a peninsula.

Florida? Yup... peninsula.

Long, long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the earth (or Jesus horses for those who believe in creationism), Long Island, Manhattan and the Bronx were all connected in one land mass, which then yes, could be considered to be a peninusla. But not any more.

It's an island. Thus the name.

Now I know you may say "hey, i'm refering to Nassau and Suffolk Counties... not the entire Island (Queens and Brooklyn included)... thus Nassau and Suffolk are the "peninsula" of Long Island. A peninsula is defined as a land mass that juts out from the main land, though... so that doesn't really make much sense either.

So it would make more sense if you just refered to us as being "out on the island." We like that better. We don't live on a peninsula.

Sincrely,

Probably the only person who gives a crap but said it anyways.

Please tell me that it's your day off and you're snowed in, home alone and forgot to pay your cable and telephone bills

...and you have no friends or books to read or even a dog or a goldfish cuz u've "obviously" got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much free time on your hands for that rant as the self-proclaimed spokesperson for all of Long Island. lol

Then u two should hang out together. He's got plenty of time on his hands

Dawwwwwwwwgggggg, nothing wrong with knowing the difference between a peninsula and an island dude! Give the man some credit.

By the way, no reason to be conceited when I'm perfect dude~!

Sounds like LIHoops and Old school have been reared together...

...on Long Island.

Makes no difference where you be reared my man! Perfection is still perfection! I leave you to your conceit!

Ok Dawg my man, we're gonna play some one on one so I can start dunking all over you. Gonna bring the backboard down and shatter that glass my man!!!!

Be good and keep having a good time wherever it may be, on an island, a peninsula or in one of the boroughs!!!

And by the way, I'll keep working on being perfect. Just made a big mistake just the other day. You know the one, where I actually doubted myself thinking I was wrong, when I was actually right.................I can only dream!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT