ADVERTISEMENT

A correction for you, Maurice.

LIHoopsfan

Sep 6, 2008
You recently wrote the following sentance in one of your articles.

"Tobias Harris recently led Long Island Lutheran High School to their first Class A championship over a very game and competitive Jamesville DeWitt team."

http://www.newyorksportswriters.org/reference/boys_hoops_champs_feds.shtml

If you care to take a looksie at that link, you will see that 2009 marked Long Island Lutheran's FIFTH Federation championship, their third in class A; certainly not their first title.

So because I know journalistic integrity is of the utmost importance to you, and that you go to bed every night with a copy of Strunk and White's Elements of Style... and I also know you're a very busy man, so I've taken the liberty of rewriting the incorrect passage for you.

"Tobias Harris recently helped lead Long Island Lutheran High School to their third Class A Federation championship, fifth overall, over a talented yet surprisingly non-competitive Jamesville DeWitt team, who were down double digits for the majority of the game."

There you go. Hope all is well.

Hugs and Kisses.
wink.gif

This post was edited on 4/23 9:46 AM by LIHoopsfan
This post was edited on 4/23 9:46 AM by LIHoopsfan

Federation Championships over the Years

I also noticed that, and Im glad somebody said something. Pretty embarrassing but the writers that seem to cover the Harris family are the most uninformed, not sure if it is on purpose or not but it should stop. I bet he doesn't even realize that 5 Feds for Lutheran is second all time in NY

LIHoopsfan said "Tobias Harris recently helped lead Long Island Lutheran High School to their third Class A Federation championship, fifth overall."

Actually that's wrong too. From the link you provided, Luhi won Class A in 1997. Before that they were a Class B school. So this years championship would make their second class A chip, certainly not their third.

touche'. a correction for me then ;)

Second Class A, still fifth overall.

technicaly speaking class a back then is actually now AA and class B back then is now class A, so would that make one AA, three A's and one B? i've confused myself now.

simply put, as restore said... only Rice has more Federation Titles than Lutheran, so i don't understand why nychoops would say that this was their first state title.

This thread and it's imperfections only proves that only God is perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT