ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT HAPPENED TO IS8??

COOSCOOS13

Nov 23, 2009
IS8 is so watered down, it is difficult to really watch most games--
too many teams, too many off site gyms..and of course too many refs that arent ready for is8--- we have third string players starting on teams that should not even be allowed into is8..of course--cash rules everything around me (in method mans voice)
is8 used to be an elite event, now it is nothing more then a local torny, loaded with 50 teams 50?? thats over 600 players,, in my opinion thats 20 teams to many .

IS 8 is a reflection of what the talent pool is in New York. A lot of these kids and teams would never be able to set foot on Pete Edward's gym a few years ago. Too many teams, too many kids and nobody wants to tell these kids "No"!

the new phones, facebook, World Starr and IPODS have this generation of kids spending less time working on their games. These parents are to blame too. $600 coats, $150 jeans, $200 sneakers and these kids don't work or break the law? What is their incentive to do anything that requires hard work? These kids are going to live at home until they are in their 40s.

Back in the day a team had to be good to play i the is8. Now they just have to be able to pay the fee. I use to buy the talent pool is down excuse but now but if that were the case, I'd expect less teams not more. Now its about 50 suckers willing to shell out big bucks to say they played in the is8 even if most of it is in Brooklyn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT