ADVERTISEMENT

What are your thoughts on Steve Masiello?

Your answer should be based on the answer to the question, if he was black would they allow him back considering he lied on his application and for some reason wasnt required to submit a transcript or show a degree.

Hmmm, looks like lengend enjoys stirring the pot. I don't see race as a factor, but OK here are some facts:

George O'leary lost head coach job at Notre dame over resume "padding"

Doug Martin assistant coach at Villinova resigned over "inaccuracies" in his resume

Yale's head football coach Tom Williams was caught lying about being a Rhodes Scholarship finalist and released

Glynn Cyprien was hired as head coach for UL-Lafayette after serving as an assistant coach at numerous schools throughout the nation. Cyprien's resume claimed he'd graduated from Texas-San Antonio, Released before coaching a game

Eddie Jordan Caught padding his resume at Rutgers was retained by the university

Steve Masciello caught with a padded resume, fate unclear

Probably more I am not aware of but its a good sample of what happened in the past

6 cases of coaches caught with "inaccurate" resumes lets recap

1 White: Fired
1 White: Fate to be determined

3 Black: Fired

1 Black: Retained

So it could be 50/50 for the white coaches caught and fired or 100% fired, 3 of 4 black coaches lost there jobs( a 75% oust rate). In short all (black and white) knowingly lied on their resume. Everything is not always a race issue lengend.

This post was edited on 3/28 12:22 PM by newjerseyave

You can keep believing it doesn't while I continue to state it does in most cases. The media person took the hit for Jordan sso that doesn't count. I have seen a Haitian guy get fired for lying about having a degree although he did the job well and it didnt require a degree, in my opinion, in order for others to do it and poorly at that. He was also voucher for by.pitino who. Knew and thoutht others would turn a blind eye

Lengend:
Manhattan has decided to retain coach Steve Masiello and will reinstate him once he completes his undergraduate degree, the school announced Monday.
Coach Steve Masiello, who has been placed on unpaid leave until he completes his undergraduate degree at Kentucky, will be retained by Manhattan.
Masiello will be placed on unpaid leave until he completes his undergraduate degree at Kentucky, Manhattan said in a statement. According to multiple sources, Masiello is about 10 credits shy and will take classes to finish his degree in the next couple of months. Associate head coach Matt Grady will serve as interim head coach during Masiello's absence.

All online courses? Come on man. I still dont believe an African America guy would get this opportunity in most opportunities

I'm a little surprise they took him back but I think the fact he won 25+ games and led this team to their first MAAC championship since 2004 and NCAA tounrey played a huge part. Its a mid major at a bigger school he would've been gone. The ironic part is Manhattan takes him back when the info comes out with him leaving for another school. SF made a great hire with Antigua who I think is a better fit. Masiello is lucky to still have that job and him staying likely means Usilo still comes. But they won't win as much with that senior class graduating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT