nychoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2010&ra_key=1909

New York Top 5

Doron Lamb - 24

Tobias Harris - 29

Rod Odom - 44

Devon Collier - 83

Jayvaughn Pinkston - 90
This post was edited on 5/14 7:45 AM by AZ PREPS

No way Tobias is that much better than Jayvaughn Pinkston...if he is even better than him. Tobias and Jayvaughn have similiar games oh yeah expect for the fact Jayvaughn is stronger with a better handle. I do feel Tobias has more upside cuz he's 6'8 but to have him at 29 and Jayvaughn at 90 please. And then the extra smack in the face is to have Devon Collier ranked higher are u serious.

Then explained to me why Jayvaughn couldn't guard Tobias at IS8 last week and he needed 3 of his teamate to help him out on defense if he's much better as you claim. 1. Jayvaughn stronger because he's older, 2. Handle is not better then Tobias, 3. Tobias much better shooter & passer, 4 both good rebounders and workhorse.5. Jayvaughn has to improved his jump shot, I believe he could play 4 spot in college because he's strong enough and versatile to play face up 4. I hope this answer your question why Tobias is rank higher.
This post was edited on 5/14 6:18 PM by AZ PREPS

I could be wrong but just a hunch. I think tobias is not ranked high on most ppls chart because his game is not fluid. He looks kind of stiff and comes off as being kind of soft. The same way ppl dont feel sylven was that good and was very mechanical. Personally I think next yrs class is not clear cut. You can throw those rankings out the window.

You must be drinking to much Cool-aid to make that consumption. This video is for you.

http://mefeedia.com/entry/tobias-harris-bwsl2-terpcenter-com/16611106

This post was edited on 5/14 10:13 PM by AZ PREPS

I really like Tobias's game and think he has the potential to be an excellent player. He has great touch for a kid his size and a knack for scoring in a lot of different ways. He seems like he really enjoys playing as well, which is of utmost importance at higher levels.

I just hope that he will be able to make the mental transition when he moves on from high school and the AAU circuit to college. Sometimes it feels like we are about to get updates on whether Tobias had Corn Flakes or Wheaties for breakfast. Let the kid live a little I say. Hey, he deserves recognition and he has gotten it without question. But at what point might we be seeing the law of diminishing returns? He has offers from a ton of great schools. At this point, its almost like whoever posts on his behalf is creating an aura for Tobias that's going to be incredibly tough to live up to.

I think I saw a quote that one reason he transferred back to Hills West was to win a state championship. Isn't that school a AA school? An awfully high bar to set unless I am unaware of some rising studs from the JV team. To me, a successful year would be winning a Long Island Championship. Let's remember the other AA's out there (MV, NFA, NF...)

Listen, we should all want to see every kid do as well as possible. Hating on kids is seriously one of the lamest things an adult can do. And if we keep getting updates on Tobias's every move, it really won't matter to me. I just feel for the kid because I'd like to see him surprise and impress everyone as he gets better with time. Sometimes it feels like we're being prepped for the next Carmelo or something. Oh well, all the best to the kid. Just some thoughts...

Well put...getbuckets u hit it right on da button.I got verbally attacked for stating i felt Jayvaughn was better. I've since tapes of Tobias and while he is good he doesnt impress me. He seemed sluggish but i do feel he has a high skill set because he's a great player but he isnt very quick or agile. Ive seen Jayvaughn do his thing against grown professionals who play overseas he has the ability to bang and also hurt u from the outside whether its with the jumper or his handle...oh yeah az preps u are drinking too much kool aid (thats the way u spell it) if u think Tobias handle is better. Jayvaughn has pg handle and always had.. both are great players but the praise Tobias gets on dis message board is ridiclous. From Lance to Sherrod Wright to Jayvaughn he constantly compared he is a great player but he isnt the second coming.

I think jayvaughns ranking is not that high because he doesnt have the elevation that alot of players have ahead of him to some degree and he is an undersized power forward. If you are ranking him solely as a hs player then he is more dominate for his age group than the ranking suggests, if you have seen him in regular season. Go ask ppl in jersey what he did against some of the best schools in the state and what they think of his game. Now if you ranking him for the next level, then that is the reason why he is not ranked that high. In a major d1 program he is a 3 with no above the rim game and not a consistent shooter. You have to ask yourself can he really guard the better 3's in college and is he strong enough to score on legit 4's? In a nut shell he is a poor mans larry johnson who hasnt gotten that explosion yet.

getbuckets 10, in the "top 10" thread, you mentioned you saw Buie and Harris a lot. You should know he didn't transfer back to win a state championship. He won a state championship this year, beating Jamesville-Dewitt. Did you know his LIL coach had his dad kicked out of the gym? Big issues there, and that's why he's leaving.

I realize he won a state chip this year tough guy. In the LI papers, there were quotes from his camp about winning another one at his public school next year, which I think is a lofty goal. Nothing wrong with it, just interesting. The coach did not have his dad kicked out of the gym either. They got into an argument, but no one left the gym.

He didn't get his dad kick out of the gym in glenn fall the security in glenn falls, wanted to kick the coach out the game because of his actions to mr.harris. mr. harris watch the game from his front row seat the whole tournament and was not removed from any qames.

Think about what you're saying. A parent is either bothering the coach or the player from behind the bench during the game. Unacceptable behavior. I stood at LIL gym behind his dad during the scrimmage last winter. He wasn't saying much, but there's not a coach worth anything who's going to take badgering from a parent during a game, either toward him or the player. Sounds like the dad trying to coach the game.

Nice situation at the game. Why doesn't the parent just sit in the stands away from the bench and leave the player and coach alone?

Correct, Tyler played well he average 18 points second leading scorer on the team behind Ash when his brother Tobias came back from his injury Tyler did not get any playing time. Very few minutes like 3 per game or less this drove the dad to become very upset.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT