ADVERTISEMENT

St. John's Mens Basketball / Is Steve Lavin the worst coach ever?

stevengreenberg

Dec 19, 2013
Looking for people's comments here. Is Steve Lavin the worst coach ever? He doesn't seem to have any scheme for who he plays. Doesn't seem to run any set plays for the players he has in the game. Is he just supervising a streetball game? If D'Angelo Harrison or Rysheed Jordan are hot then run plays to get them more shots. Try to get Jakarr Sampson the ball near the basket. When 3 point threat Max Hooper is in the game, why not runs some plays to get him open off screens so he can some good looks? I'm not sure Lavin even knows how to draw up plays. With better coaching they should have beat Syracuse.

Its all about talent. They recruit hard and go after the nations best players but they have to nail that class with at least 2 All Americans and 3 top 100 players. It seems that they haven't nailed that yet but not because they aren't trying. They need some players that can stretch the defense with 3 pointers. Seems like they are built with slashers and not enough shooters.

The real truth is I think Coach Carneseca has some kid of spirit that jinxes every single coach that takes that job. A nice man that left some big shoes to fill and it isn't his fault but can you tell me a school that has not bounced back since the 1980's and can you tell me a school that has had more coaches since then with minimal success or bad luck?

Lavin can coach and if you look at UCLA check his record for NBA players
he developed and late tournament runs. I don't think its him its just the talent they have. His staff is A1. I hope they can turn it around.

Come on dude...They were playing Syracuse. Have you checked Jim B's record lately?

ADVERTISEMENT