ADVERTISEMENT

Overrated/Underated

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
St John The Baptist and Harborfield - Overrated
St. Doms, Chaminade and Kellenberg - Underrated

Not a point of being underated. Should St. Johns be ranked 4th on the Island, heck no..but who cares about pre-season rankings..it means nothing until the end of the season..Just curious of the capacity of basketball that you were involved in? The catholic league in its entirety is overrated this year and St. Doms, Chaminade, and Kellenberg are all going to have good squads..The catholic league will be dominated by a handful of underclassmen..

I'm the guy that put the "B" in Basketball. It was called Asketball before I got involved.

YOUR RIGHT ABOUT UNDERRATED THESE TEAMS NEED A LOT OF WORK!!!!! BUT ONE BRIGHT SPOT FOR SJB IS THIS FRESHMAN COMBO GUARD TAVON GINYERD, LOOK OUT FOR THIS KID, I WATCHED HIM AT ISLAND GARDEN AND MAN THIS KID IS REAL!

I went to watch Ginyard at the island garden championship. He's a good player but this LUHI kid Elijah Bailey was amazing for the Rising Stars. He dropped 31 points & they won big to take the chip.
This post was edited on 11/29 11:57 PM by dmars

Looks like St. John the Baptist and St Anthony are the Bishop Loughlins of Long Island. Go figure

WOW, SJB COUGARS LONG ISLAND CLASS A CATHOLIC LEAGUE CHAMPS BEHIND
34PTS 32REBOUNDS AND 8 BLOCKS FROM KYLE WILLIAMS...

After S.J.B. got dismantled by Iona I now realize my original statement was true. St. Johns the baptist was overrated. They appeared to be really good not because they were really good but because long island basketball this year was really really bad. The minute they stepped off the island bubble, reality set in and they got embarrassed.

Two more things. That Ginyard kid is really good and Kyle Williams is not. Williams is 6-9, going into his junior year and still hasn't dunked in a game and that 30-30 game was against midgets. Hopefully the kid figures it out this summer because starting next year the he's still young excuse gets played out. Ginyard on the otherhand is a game changer. That kids for real.

Smh not even worth responding to post that makes no sense. I love when grown ass man have nothing else better to do but ridicule children and hide behind fake names. Hands down SJB had a great playoff run and Iona Prep is not that good. The report says Kyle Williams and Charles Lloyd was saddled to the bench early and often because of fouls.I was told some home cooking was going on. Tavon Ginyard is special..

If Iona Prep aint that good then what does that make S.J.B.? It makes them that bad. It makes them the best on Long Island which aint saying much.

I am not ridiculing people. I give my opinion of a players game not them as a person or how they look. Unfortunately basketball aint fair. Some people can play while others cannot. We do agree that Ginyard is special though.

...and oh yeah, have you forgotten that you are also hiding behind a fake name unless your momma named you STATEPROPERTY1971.
roll.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT