ADVERTISEMENT

NYCHOOPS LONG ISLAND TOP 10 ?

coachbj13

Sep 13, 2012
The most recent NYC Hoops top 10 rankings look a bit skewered, Northport H.S.,led by '' Big Luke " knocks off Bayshore H.S. at Home and doesn't get a mention ? Hicksville H.S. knocks off Baldwin H.S.and it goes unnoticed ? what's the common denominator both teams made up of kids who played for PTP Elite in the Nike IS- 8 Fall Tourney, that made it to Quarter Finals in the playoffs ! Don't sleep on these kids !

Right Now, Northport H. S. is better then the # 8, # 9, and #10 teams, on the most recent list, and that's before highly regarded 6' 5'' Mike Milligan jr. suits up for his first game, as a recent transfer in from St. Dominic''s H.S., via the West Coast ! I am prepared to say they will be making a case for even higher consideration, as the season progress's ! Watch out LUHI ? Hicksville H.S. is not as deserving yet, but certainly a honorable mention over Baldwin ?

I'm sorry coach I'm just not buyin what your trying to sell. Mike Milligan nice kid but his name is off his pops glory.He is a role player at best, but I will humor u. Yeah I guess LUHI better watch out!
This post was edited on 12/27 11:44 AM by ShaComplete360

Mike Milligan jr. is just scratching the surface of how good he's gunna be, and as for role player, I guess making 3rd team Nike All IS-8 Fall tourney is just a tip of the Hat to his DAD's rep as well ? I'm just saying it now, so when his and the Northport's team performance has them sitting in view of a Chip, not everyone can be accused of not seeing it coming !

He was enrolled and attending classes at St. Dom's since the beginning of this school year Sept.. 2012 . The N.S.C.H.S.A.A. declared Mike an ineligible transfer student as a Senior, at St. Dom's, 1 week before the season was to start in November. Mike residing in Northport, then requested Section 11 approval to attend his local Public High School ! Sometimes, things just happen for the Best , unusual but not unheard of !

thanks for that info on milligan. i saw the whitman game and he looked real good to me...best player on the floor in my opinion.

Northport seems to be the typical L.I. team thats afraid to come off the island and challenge themselves against some real comp.

TopDawg7 , So not True, Northport H.S. hasn't been good enough for anyone to even want to play them, outside of Long Island . This year's version of '' The Northport Tigers " is a aberration not the norm, because of the emergence of '' Big Luke" Petrasek, and the transfer of Mike Milligan jr., along with a supporting cast of seasoned AAU spring, summer, and Fall, Nike IS - 8 experienced players, that competed against the best in the NYC/ Northeast area, they are experiencing some success . I hope they can continue to improve and make a appearance in The '' States'' and really be tested !

Northport H.S. Long Island AA Champs ! going to the States ! Hmmmmmmmmm ! Somebody must know something about this game, and the players that are competing for the ' BIG CHIP" ! I have been touting the team from the get go ! they are now coming off Long Island, Look Out NYSHOOPS, they're ready to represent Long Island BBall , Don't under estimate these kids, they have learned how to win " BIG " games ! Now NYCHOOPS , it's time to move them up your Top Ten rankings !

long island teams always go to the states. they rarely make it past the states alive
rolleye0018.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT