ADVERTISEMENT

"NYC HOOPS TOP TEN"

trevonn11

Gold Member
May 26, 2008
IS MAURICE FOR REAL? LINCOLN #4? WOWOW LOOSING TO THE #1 TEAM IN USA IN OVERTIME! LOSING TO A TEAM WITH 4 D 1 RECRUITS, THEN LOSING THE 3RD GAME WITH 3 STARTERS (HOLLEY, RODRIGUEZ, BOONE) NOT PLAYING! THAT DROPS US TO 4TH IN NYC? I WOULD TAKE IT BUT TO SEE THE TEAMS WHO ARE TOTALLY AFRAID OF SCHEDULING A GAME WITH US? NO WHO DIDNT WANT TO SCRIMMAGE US? WE ARE ALWAYS FORCED TO PLAY TOUGH TEAMS OUT OF STATE! BUT TO BE TOTALLY DISRESPECTED BY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE LIKE THIS? WOWOWOW I FEEL SORRY FOR THE COMPETITION! BUT LISTEN MOE THOSE 3 TEAMS WONT SEE US UNLESS THEY MAKE IT UPSTATE JUST DO ME A FAVOR DO MOVE US UP! JUST CONTINUE TO SHOW THE CITY AND COUNTRY YOU HAVE SOME WORK TO DO WHEN COMES TO RANKING! LOLOLOL

The crazier thing is that in the 2 last comments I have read in some of these subjects is that 2 highly respected PSAL coaches really care where they are being ranked on this website. I respect and appreciate what Maurice and everyone else on this site does. They are entitled to there opinions and rank teams whichever way they want. We will all find out who is the best team in a few months upstate. Until then keep up the good work coaches that you are doing. Hopefully everyone will get to see or hear about a great championship game. A few years ago one of my players was ranked behind some suspect players on another site that is deceased now and I asked him how he felt. He told me that there was no computer in this world that can tell him that someone was better than him. They had to prove it to him on the court. Win or lose I rock out with my nephew and them boys from Queens. Where's my man Cooscoos at? Happy New Year everyone!! See you at the gym enjoying great NYC basketball.

Lets get this straight on two fronts. Maurice Wingate is a guy who will be sitting next to you at the barber shop, driving slow in front of you on the parkway, eating grapes without paying for them at Path Mark and the dude who may tell you that you dropped a dollar at the checks cashed place. THAT IS ALL! On the other front, he is the guy who runs a web site that college coaches, high school coaches, and student athletes and parents check into, and trust and regard 80% of what is on here as truthful and 90% of the rest as facts. THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS MORE SIGNIFFICANT THAN MEETS THE EYE.

I have a problem with the fact that anytime Maurice is taken to task on the open web site, some fake imaginary person pops up to address the concern. Who is TSTRAWN? I have no idea but as a person who considers Maurice a good guy and an honest hardworking man with some integrity, I THINK THIS DUDE IS YOU OR ONE OF YOUR STAFF MEMBERS! I am not unapproachable I am always around and I am a respectful intellectual and everybody knows that. I chimed in my 2 cents, didn't get a response and kept it moving because at the end of the day, Maurice doesn't coach, work my team out or help me on the sidelines. He has a vehicle for information and just like the Post the News or the Times people take this sites word as the Gospel because they don't have some of the inside depth basketball people in the inner circle know.

On the second front, when a college coach says they read something on this site and they bring it to my attention, my initial response is god, bad or mediocre, an emphatic "F--- Maurice, Mike Liebert or Whoever. They don't come to Harlem, they don't see our games and they are on that politics bull s---". That is how I react and that said, i like the National Inquirer, TMZ, Wendy Williams Show and NBA Inside Stuff". Not all of that stuff is true, accurate but I do enjoy it and that is where it ends.

Now TStrawn or Maurice or whoever, if you chose not to respond to coaches who feel slighted that is your right. But bascially don't come at ME with that "stop bitching and we will do what we want crap" because I can say anything just like you can.

Personally, and you can' stop my music from playing because I don't do politics. We got kicked off of your BUBBLE so you can make room for a Staten Island team because they don't have a presence. Also you didn't kick Brooklyn Collegiate off because they lost the kid Tripp for the season but I KNOW we beat them and I know we haven't lost in a since you bubbled us. No problem. We do what we do and you write about us in March every year and never December.

Free LENNY KADHISHA who also doesn't have a sentence running on this -- at 26ppg and 13 rpg and 7 offers and HES QUALIFIED already!

Does it matter who I am? I in no way was saying that anyone was bitching my opinion was more of saying that no one can tell you who is better than your team until it's proven on the court. I also didn't see it from your point of view where college coaches read this site and how that affects your team. Now seeing it from that point of view I could understand how you feel about the rankings from that point of view. I have been to Harlem to see your team play. I have no problem going up there cause I respect the job that you do Mr. PSAL guy and my man Lenny plays for you. I will be up to Harlem again to support my man Lenny and your team. Good luck on the rest of your season.

The bottom line is with the talent pool being the way it is, in the last 5 years that leaves us with basically 2 web sites that cover high school basketball in New York opposed to 4 plus the major newspapers. A few years ago I would see a reporter in public and say something in passing and that would be it. Now you have to consider that this is one of the engines that people who can't see for themselves rely on as the gospel. This ain't fun and games. This is 1-3 or 2-4 people who come up with these "best team, best player, best this and that" and an allegiance of readers who rely on this as their bible of basketball knowledge.
That is why when I see something that stinks on the internet, I address it. Maurice is cool with that. I been doing it for years.

I HAVE BEEN BUSY GOING TO GAMES AND SEEING WHO IS DOING WHAT AND TO WHOM---
NYC IS MY HOME AND I SUPPORT ALL OF THE PLAYERS--GOOD BAD UGLY OR OTHERWISE RIDE OR DIE NYC--
ITS EASY TO BE JUDGEMENTAL, NEXT SEASON U WILL SEE YET MORE TRANSFERS SOME WILL MAKE UR HEAD SPIN-- STICK TO A HS AND DEAL WITH IT--IF U HAVE TALENT, AND/OR WORK HARD U WILL BE SEEN--

ADVERTISEMENT