ADVERTISEMENT

Northport

lifan35

Nov 24, 2007
great job by northport this season, with their win over deer park tues night they are now 22-1 and suffolk county champions, remember this is a team that had maybe 10 wins in the last two years....i do not see them losing to uniondale when they play them...so it looks like this team may be on the way to glens falls. great job by them.

lifan35, Glad to see another Strong Island Baller recognize The Northport Tigers, as the Best of Long Island. I've been preaching this to deaf ears since Sept 2012, once you go west of the Cross Island parkway intersection at Southern State pkwy. The only team that gets any credibility on L.I. is LuHi ! I have been pumping up the play of ''' BIG "' Luke Petrasek, Mike Milligan jr., and the '' Best " point guard on Long Island, hands down, Matt Smith ! , along with the compliment of Thomas Kennedy, Andrew Seaman, Austin Marchese, and the rest of The Tigers bench, as the Boys H.S.TEAM to watch on L.I. ! Still unfinished business remains, in order to be taken seriously these young men will need to face The 'best' teams from the NYC and Upstate regions, and I believe they can be a 'VERY formidable opponent ! GO NOPO ! 1st year Coach Andrew D''Aloia has done a spectacular job, building on the body of work this group of players have put together from Spring/Summer AAU play, and NIKE, Fall IS-8 competition !

NOPO ! LONG ISLAND AA CHAMPS ! GOING UPSTATE ! sometimes, nice things happen for Kid's that really deserve it !

Im sorry but I watched Northport play and they are a good LI team but that is where it ends. LI basketball is down and has been down for years. The reason LuHi gets credit is bc they have been by far and away the best team on LI and a top ten team in NY the last 7 or so years.

Believe me I am not trying to trash Northport but the only stand out player they have is Luke Petrasek. And I think can be a D-1 player, maybe as high up as the A-10. He has a ways to go but the skills are there. I just wouldn't hype this team up to anything more then LI AA champs.

North port, amityville and chaminade are good LI team but long island public and catholic teams will always have to get past westchester teams to get to the federation and they usually don't. luhi is by far the best team on long island but its kinda unfair that they don't have it a tough as public and catholic to get to albany. They pretty much get a straight pass to the feds because they're in an independent league. So while other long island teams might not make it because of that hiccup, got up out the wrong side of the bed type of game, even if luhi has that type of game they're already at the feds when they have it. Its lucky that luhi happens to be a pretty good team. Imagine if they were a mediorcre team who had a Go straight to the Feds card only to get creamed. Long Islanders would be screaming bloody murder

LUHI HAS "CITY" GRIT AND GOOD COACHING--COACHES TO THE PLAYERS ABILITIES--DOESNT RUN A SET JUST TO RUN A SET AND HAVE HIS PLAYERS ADAPT--SMART MOVE --

LINCOLN LUHI--I WILL BE THERE FOR SURE---
WHICH EVER TEAM HAS LESS TUNROVERS WILL WIN THAT GAME--
OFF COURSE FREE THROWS AND REBOUNDS WILL ALSO MEAN A LOT

CTK WILL HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL WITH BISHOP KEARNY AND THIER SIZE--IF CTK GUARDS CAN KEEP THE ATTACK MODE ON--CTK WILL BE FINE--

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT