ADVERTISEMENT

LuHi vs JFK - What's going on?

mwingate

NYCHoops Publisher
Sep 11, 2007
J.F.K. needed a game and LuHi needed a game so I put J.F.K. in touch with LuHi and they spoke. Apparently someone is balking because there is still no game scheduled. Anybody know what's going on?
This post was edited on 2/4 4:09 PM by mwingate

Well, I don't think Luhi is balking because from what I understand from my sources Luhi beat them by 40 points in a scrimmage in November 08.

Scrimmages are not games nor are they designed to be. They don't have total scores. There's no come from behind wins. Both coaches are experimenting with starters and bench players and new plays to see what works and who works. How does one "beat" someone in a scrimmage? That's another urban myth. Bottom line: They've never played each other so don't get it twisted.

Originally posted by TopDawg7:
Scrimmages are not games nor are they designed to be. They don't have total scores. There's no come from behind wins. Both coaches are experimenting with starters and bench players and new plays to see what works and who works. How does one "beat" someone in a scrimmage? That's another urban myth. Bottom line: They've never played each other so don't get it twisted.

You mean to tell me you have never watched/played/coached a scrimmage and left KNOWING one team is CLEARLY the better team? While a scrimmage is often a good tool for practice, no team wants to get mollywopped. So no theres not an official score, but quite often one team gets "beat"

When they scrimmaged each other Lutheran handled JFK. So ok they didn't get a win but Lutheran walked away knowing they were the better team. So I'm pretty sure they aren't the ones who are shying away from the game. They still need another game by the way. They have not picked up another one. I personally would like them play SJB, Peekskill, Iona Prep or another real strong AA team like Niagra.

Knowing a team is better than another team has nothing to do with scrimmages. Scrimmages are designed for two teams to practice with people outside their own team. Most coaches design their scrimmages with tge intent of getting ready for the upcoming season. Quite often you'll see one teams starters against another teams subs during scrimmages or star players sitting out or trying out new and unfamiliar plays. The players may not get it and may be trying to "win" but a scrimmage is still a scrimmage and a game is still a game. Weak teams do that all the time. Call anything a win while strong teams go about the business of winning game the old fashioned way. By scoring more points than their opponent during a real game with 4 quarters not 6 grouping where the clock is reset each time to zero-zero. Weak teams seem to try to gleam a win any way they can.

"Yo yo. we got dressed faster than them so we're better than they are." NOT!! lol

This post was edited on 2/5 7:10 PM by TopDawg7

Lol yes very true but when another team HANDLES another by better talent then no that holds no truth to disagree or say JFK is a stronger team. Lutheran easily handled them. The only argument i could see is yes it was early in the season but that goes for both teams. But a scrimmage is still competitive play and a beat down is a beat down.

"But a scrimmage is still competitive play and a beat down is a beat down."

...and like I said, that's how weak teams roll. They'll take a win any way they can get it. Even if it's who pees the farthest. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT