ADVERTISEMENT

Luhi exposed

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
To me, Facey is overrrated. If he's the franchize player, Lutheran is toast. I think a dark horse is gonna take long island this year.

The "hate" is appreciated. LuHi is used to it.

- Back to back Fed titles
- 7 overall

If you were at their scrimmage vs. Our Savior New American, you would be slower to speak. Have a great weekend.

Clearly your living in the past. Back to back titles is about yesterday, not about Luhi's current team. Most good coaches don't look to win scrimmages. Only the desperate ones do. Your the kind of guy that says your lay up line beat their lay up line because you had more dunks. Scrimages are about getting the kinks out not about winning or losing.

That's not hate my friend. That's a reality check that your free to cash.

Clearly whoever is making these statements hasn't seen LUHI play this year. They are tougher and deeper this year than last year. They are very impressive and will make some serious noise.

Yeah Top Dawg u started this.The problem is u put it all on Facey, when in fact they have two other player in that lineup getting bout 15 a game .Mical Boyd from Hempstead and old boy from Westbury Tim Quash.Solid de every game,good ball movement in halfcourt game and they can play uptempo game.Now that being said they might not win chip this year,but they are truly a better team than last year.Not trying to dis last years team or the player who chose not to come back.Answer me this Top Dawg who gonna beat them on LI,not to wise to judge teams before u see them play!

I agree that nobody on long island can beat them but the reality is that no one on long island can beat anybody so that's not a big accomplishment. Talk to me when they get to the end of January.

Okay Top Dawg let me see if I got this right,you agree with me that Luhi is the best team on LI.Didn't u start this thing by saying they were going to be exposed,dang dude u just put stuff out that doesn't make sense.Now truth be told they are good enough to play with the city boys. They won't win all of them but can play with them.Top Dawg have u seen them?They are a pretty decent team.MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

TALENT IS TALENT WHAT CAN I SAY LUHI IS A GOOD LONG ISLAND TEAM
LETS SEE HOW THEY FAIR VS NATIONAL TEAMS--THATS THE TRUE MEASURE TO ME---AND I WAVE THE FLAG OF WHAT I SEE AND ALSO THE FACTS--- ITS THAT SIMPLE-- WE ARE SPEAKING ABOUT LUHI--ISNT THAT THE FORUM THAT WE ARE IN? WHAT DOES CTK HAVE TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS? MUST MEAN SOMETHING TO U SOME HOW..

Luhi is the best team on Long Island, however overall Long Island teams suck. Therefore being the best team on Long Island is really being the best of the worst. If that's the banner you wish to wave, so be it. The true test of any NY team is how well they do playing national teams. Last I checked, Long Island Lutheran is 0-1 in that category. Not impressive. That's why I said lets see how they do in January where it looks like they actually play some competition.

Any questions?

WELL SAID TOPDAWG7 PEOPLE ARE LOYAL TO THEIR TEAMS WHICH IS COOL, BUT STICK TO FACTS AND STICK TO REALITY-- LUHI IS RANKED 354 IN THE USA THAT ISNT TERRIBLE--BEAT A FEW NATIONAL TEAMS AND THEN WE HAVE SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT UNTIL THEN LUHI IS THE TOP OF THE PACK BEST OF THE WORST AS TOPDAWG7 SAYS--

Oh dang Coos,I'm sorry sometime I like to push buttons.I guess I hit the right one,seems like u took it personal. Shaloom baby. For u Top Dawg when u say national I guess u mean teams outside the city and Li.If that is the case LuHi is 3 and 1.But there u go pullin fact out the air or should say your rectum.Gee this FUN let's continue...... But until then pardon me while I finish sippin on egg nog.

THAT EGG NOG IS LACED WITH SOME GOOOD STUFF ILL TELL U THAT--
WHAT DOES SHALOOM MEAN? IS THAT CHINESE FOR "I DONT KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT"? CAUSE U SURE ARE TALIKNG OUT THE CRACK OF YOUR ASS LUHI IS A VERY GOOD TEAM I NEVER SAID THEY WERENT, HOWEVER "I: MEANING "I", AS IN ME CAN EVALUATE THEM BETTER ONCE THEY ARE PLAYING VS A RANKED TEAM...THEY HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF BEATING RANKED TEAMS NO DOUBT --JUST A HUMBLE MANS OPINION--

AND I NEVER TAKE BS LIKE THIS PERSONALLY, WHY WOULD I EVEN VALUE WHAT U HAVE TO SAY IT MEANS ZERO TO ME--
STATE THE FACTS AND KEEP IT MOVING--IM SURE U HAVE SOME XMAS GIFTS TO RETURN--

3-1? Way too much egg nog.
roll.r191677.gif

You got me got Cossi.How you feel about certain teams is your right.So right on with what u said.Can't mess u now ,egg nog is callin me!

Agreed that Long Island is weak. Not sure what's going on out there. LuHi is 1-1 vs. national teams. John Carroll is a national power as is St. John's they went 1-1 vs. those teams down in Maryland. LuHi has a ways to go, but is a tough team that can definitely play with the city squads.

Why hasn't coach buck moved into tougher schedule?
They can play wherever they see fit. Guess coach is the one
With the real lack of toughness and conviction to play up

Dang Coos their games ain't that weak.They do play Lincoln,Bishop Loc and are in SNY tourney so they will draw Cardinal Hayes and more than likley Boys high or St Anthony also Gil St Bernards in New Jersey.It is what it is!

This post was edited on 12/27 7:02 PM by ShaComplete360

Just watched luhi play and lose to st. anthony (nj). If my math is correct, luhi had five coaches on the bench. My question is, the team played with no ryme or reason. Alot of....go get them guys....the reality is, luhi coaches got taught a lesson....they let the kids down with horrible coaching.
This post was edited on 1/26 6:53 PM by Uncle23

Not for nothing but I have to disagree with you Uncle. Luhi actually played a helluva game against St. Ants and coulda won. It came down to execution and discipline. Chris Atkinson showed his age down the stretch thats all. To be a sophomore and to be running the show. much props.

Luhu woulda won if they hit those makable shots in the fourth quarter. Boyd was buggin' late in the game and Facey surprised me. At the end of the day, coaches are not on the court. Player are.

St. Anthony at 81-0 is above luhi but Hayes and Bayside is definitely below them. I created this post and here I am defending them at least for this game. Go figure.

I'm tempted to agree with u but I can't. Though I certainly can see your point of view. I just believe that luhi tried to win on talent and not coaching. No matter how talented a player is, down the stretch of a close game, he will be dealing with a grown man. If that grown man is a good coach, the player will be neutralized and eventually made to rely on the coaching he is recieving.......From my view point, here is what happened down the stretch. St. Anthonys was on the verge of pulling away and blowing luhi out. At that point, Luhi began to play street ball defense. ..where u guard and press whoever and hope you come up with a steal. Secondly, they launched some hail marys, which happened to go in....I can guarantee u this, that particular defense and offense was never instilled in practice. ..A good coach would have had a organized press and a disiplined offense and took the chance on winning, while teaching his players good basketball IQ. A bad coach will try to win, even if it means not teaching bb IQ, so long as they win the battle. Basketball is not about winning battles. It's about winning wars, ie championships....developing....preparing a player to excell at a higher level.....playing the game the way it should be played. .....In contrast. St. Ants didn't dribble through the press, they passed through it. They moved the ball until they got a open look....they made sure the ball was always in the hands of a player who could hit the foul shot. Most of all, they played to win, whether it was by ten points or one. Luhi was happy to lose by a few points and not be blown out...At the end of the day, luhi lost and in retrospect, ain't no way in hell they were gonna win. In my opinion, luhi lost more than the game. They missed a golden opportunity to dispel what the nation is saying "Talent and teaching the game, is absent in New York".
This post was edited on 1/27 6:01 PM by Uncle23

Pretty ignorant post. Media personnel were all remarking about how LuHi controlled the tempo of the game with their press. The "streetball" press you were speaking of was obviously a full court 1-2-1-1, which turned St. Anthony over several times down the stretch. Check out the replay on SNY over the next few days.

You speak of "winning championships". Well, LuHi has done plenty of that. 2 straight Federation titles and 7 overall, most in New York State history.

St. Anthony has 3 senior Division 1 commits, and potentially 2 more that will sign in the spring. LuHi has 1, and started a sophomore a point guard. On paper, no one gave LuHi a chance. Your post reveals a major reason why New York has fallen off the map. Everyone in New York has an excuse. Lose by a few points down the stretch to the #7 ranked team in the nation...blame the coach that has won back to back Federation titles instead of getting back in the gym to work on free throws etc. Sad lesson you are teaching our kids.

That being said Buckets,I would like to know why Quashie didn't look to score. It was needed, here u have a player. Getting 11 per game and he only takes 3 shots. Luhi can't think they can win big games the rest of season without him getting his 10 a game!

Championships???? You must live on long Island, where the bar is set low, at least as it relates to basketball. Luhi's championships were won in the "A" division, which would be the equivalent of winning the division "5" ncaa championship, on the college level. You speak of a 1-2-1-1 press. That's why I called it a street ball press. What coach in his right mind, would run that type of press, against a team that is well versed on; "how to attack a press. Damn, that's coaching 101. Additionally, luhi is respected on long island and long island only. Not one nyc basketball program respects luhi or considers them a basketball representitive of NY. Luhi's "m.o" has always been to pad their record, by playing the Smithtowns of the world. Then they would end up beating another "A" school for the chip. Now that they're "AA", I can promise you, ain't no nyc or upstate "AA" team, will ever allow luhi to win a "AA" chip. Did you notice that luhi waited until the talent pool in the city took a major hit, before they agreed to play city schools. Why is that? I'll tell you why. For them, it's about padding the record. I'll give it to the coach, it was a slick move. But to me, it's crystal clear. The guy is padding the record, because he wants a college job and/or, wants to be viewed as the man...Now, if anyone is ignorant, it's you, for falling for that nonsense. This post was edited on 1/28 12:41 PM by Uncle23

This post was edited on 1/28 12:44 PM by Uncle23

This post was edited on 1/28 12:49 PM by Uncle23

,Whole lot of "Haters" out there ! LOL ! Give LuHi it's props, they just played the #7 ranked Team in the country and competed very respectfully, I'm not sure any NYC team is doing any better, vs The 81-0 Friars, who are Coached quite possibly by the greatest H.S. Coach of the last 30 years, and 1 of only 2 High School Coaches to be inducted into the BBall Hll of Fame ! Long Island BBall , as a whole, isn't as strong as the City schools, and hopefully come state Championship time The now Double "AA" Crusaders can show they can compete and beat the "Best" NYC Hoops can offer ! That's what makes BBall so compelling ! So Lincoln, Jefferson, CTK, , Boys N Girls , So. Shore, Molloy, St Rays,, Hayes, and my main man Billy "T" over t"Wings" get your teams to the "Big Dance" so U can claim superiority over, as y'all so Lovingly named Them " The Best of The Worst "! , because they will be there ! "Word to the Wise ; Never Diss your oppnents worthiness, as it diminishes the value of your "Victories !

,Whole lot of "Haters" out there ! LOL ! Give LuHi it's props, they just played the #7 ranked Team in the country and competed very respectfully, I'm not sure any NYC team is doing any better, vs The 81-0 Friars, who are Coached quite possibly by the greatest H.S. Coach of the last 30 years, and 1 of only 2 High School Coaches to be inducted into the BBall Hll of Fame ! Long Island BBall , as a whole, isn't as strong as the City schools, and hopefully come state Championship time The now Double "AA" Crusaders can show they can compete and beat the "Best" NYC Hoops can offer ! That's what makes BBall so compelling ! So Lincoln, Jefferson, CTK, , Boys N Girls , So. Shore, Molloy, St Rays,, Hayes, and my main man Billy "T" over at"Wings" get your teams to the "Big Dance" so U can claim superiority over, as y'all so Lovingly named Them " The Best of The Worst "! , because they will be there ! "Word to the Wise ; Never Diss your oppnents worthiness, as it diminishes the value of your "Victories !

Look......I respect your opinion but my take on luhi and the st.ants game remains the same. To me, it doesn't matter if they lost by 1 or 20, they lost. Winner don't look for moral victories. I'm embarrassed by all this morol victory talk. You don't hear Cardinal Haynes bragging of losing to luhi by a few points. Smh.

This post was edited on 1/28 8:34 PM by Uncle23

Haye's isn't bragging about losing to LuHi by a few , and niether is LuHi bragging about losing to St.Ants, that I'm aware of ? The interesting comparision of those 2 games does raise some Questions ?"LuHi, " The Best of the worse " loses to the #z team in the country and gets dissed by the NYCHoops msg. board, and then beats a NYCHoops , Top 10 ranked team to play in the SNY chip game vs. St Ant's and still gets no props ? Maybe there are a few teams that can actually play this game on Long Island ? My feeling is that there are 3 or 4 teams on Long Island that can compete on the highest level of NYC High School Ball, with LuHi being the "King of the Suburbs" for now !

Again, I respect your views but I adamantly disagree. I will never respect luhi or it's coaches, especially the head coach, until they do things the right way; which means they stop taking fair opportunities away from opposing players and learn to be better coaches to the players in their program. What do I mean you ask? Well, for starters, if you're gonna give props, let's give it to the school's who develop their players from the 9th grade. The schools and coaches who put in hundreds of unpaid hours building character, resolving player issues, helping these young men to become men.... giving them hope, "that by staying the course and working hard," just maybe, they can be long island champs. Schools like St.Mary's, St.Anthony's, St.Johns The Baptist, Hills West, Northport, Baldwin. I can go on and on......Opportunities are taken away from these coaches and players because luhi wants to take the easy way. The lazy way. The selfish way....Just when these school think it's their year, here comes luhi with these junior and senior transfers, some of whom, only GOD knows if their legitimate or truly eligible players. So for me it's not hating, its about doing things the right way. Teaching kids that hard work pays off. Not teaching them to win by any means necessary, even at the expense of taking opportunity from their fellow peers. If you want to know what a person is about or how they gained success, don't listen to what they preach, watch what they do. Then ask yourself, should I really be giving this person props? I say win or lose, we give St.Marys and the other mentioned schools props, for their players are being taught valuable life lessons. WIN OR LOSE!!!!
This post was edited on 1/29 3:25 PM by Uncle23

Uncle u sound like a CLOWN ! It's Okay we are here for U. Keep it comin.......Keep the Hate comin Big Boy! I'm sure Luhi can handle the heat .

Clown, huh. I'm having fun. The good part is, I'm just getting started. When I call a person a disparaging name, I can say it to their face. See you soon.

This post was edited on 1/29 5:33 PM by Uncle23

Woah there are so many things wrong with that post idk where to begin. Lets start with the correct spelling of names.

1. Its Jeriel Henriquez, and he graduated while Brian Carey was the coach.
2. Its Shawn LawTon and he graduated and went D1 under Coach Buck
3. Brian Wilson was unable to stay in LuHi bc of academic reasons. Also Brian Carey was the Head Coach. He played out his HS bball career at Satellite Academy in the city.
4. Tobias Harris left bc of a dispute with Coach Carey.Torrel Harris did not see eye to eye with him.
5. Terry Brutus left to try and go to a prep school in Michigan to try and get more D1 looks. Didn't work out for him so he ended up playing at his local highschool i believe.

As for Pate and Lee, I guess they felt they could get better looks else where. And I'm pretty sure Coach Buck doesn't control college coaches decisions to recruit players. I think they have their own opinions. You sound kind of foolish with all your name dropping, incorrect name dropping I might add.

No warning necessary, LuHi has a terrific JV team and those players will get their opportunity when the time comes.

And we shall see how good this team is compared to NYC with their upcoming Schedule. I would imagine you will find another reason to hate even if they do pull out wins against Lincoln and Loughlin.

Hey Uncle 23, appreciate the Respect ! U make some valid points, with regard, to a uneven playing field, LuHi as a Independent school, can bring players into there school and become the "King Of the Suburbs" annually, while the rest of the Long Island Basketball community have to be better gardener's, cultivating their young players in the Hopes they can develop a program that will continually produce quality student-athletes. The harder road is never as glitzy but when successful, it makes beating the team's that try to shortcut, all that more Sweet ! Remember, the experience of playing aTeam sport and Basketball, in particular, gives young men and women a chance to learn invaluable lessons about Life and competition , that will serve them well throughout their live's ! Shamefully, it's the school administration's that need to understand this importance and insure they have qualified professional Coaches, guiding the future's of these young athlete's !

Oh uncle. uncle, uncle...........What a tangled web of lies we weave. Like I said, life must be very boring in your world right now. I find your comments of racism quite interesting since Terry was welcomed into the Luhi family with open arms and treated like a son at several luhi homes. I wonder how he would respond to your criticism of those who took time out of their lives, with no other reward other than that of helping a kid have a successful future.

As far as his path traveled we all know who is to blame for that and it certainly wasn't anyone associated with Luhi. Only those who were looking out for themselves were to blame for that.

Next....

Man, knock it off. How welcomed would he had been in the "luhi family", if he couldn't play ball. If he couldn't play ball and you saw him near your house, you would call the cops, a..hole. Call him yourself or contact him on face book and he'll tell you a thing or two about the "luhi family". Lol. Nice try. Stop defending wrong.

In regards to the path he traveled, once he left luhi, his recruitment sky rocketed. That's a common occurrence. Leave luhi and you'll get recruited....stay at luhi and you won't. What player got recruited because of luhi. None! Guess luhi wants to take credit for Facey. Everyone knows how that happened, aau. So use the term " blame" for a kid who left luhi and is now at Ole Miss. Man, not only are you a Buck a..kisser, you're a complete idiot. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT