ADVERTISEMENT

LOng Island SUCKS

TopDawg7

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2007
Back in town and catching on old news.

Long Island has been subpar for years but they've actrually re-zoned themselves to be even worse. No D-1 coach in their right mind won't go there now even if a kid is talented on the island.

The competition as a far as teams is now officially abysmal, and the better teams will rarely play each other. The really good players, who have sense, are transfering or will be. So what will be left? Girls basketball.

If I lived on LI, I'd play Lacross and call it a day or exclusively read Newsday and those LI sights that give crappy suffolk and nassau teams and -players delusions of grandeur by distorting the truth or omitting the facts, like the fact that 6-1 shooting guards and 6-3 forwards and centers who play well against each other on long island won't cut it in the real world where D-1 basketball players are tall. Its not until they graduate that they find out they can only to a D-5 school in the sticks.
This post was edited on 8/19 12:31 PM by TopDawg7

Why does it suck ? for lots of reason the coaches not all are not dedicated some of them
are coaching for the check and that's sad. Some coaches not all are not committed to helping develop kids to become better players an people in this world, some just don't give a dam.

I travel last weekend to basketball hall of fame and watch coach Hurley be inducted into the basketball hall of fame. What amaze me about this great man was in 40 years of coaching at St. Anthony, New Jersey, I couldn't believe that every single one of his players received a basketball scholarship except for only two kids the awesome. If coaches would be
dedicated and really care about the kids on Long Island basketball would be better. The AD should have guidelines regarding who they hire as coaches.
This post was edited on 8/31 6:59 AM by AZ PREPS

All is right in the world again. Top Dawg and AZ dusting it up once again. Gotta love it!!

Coaches jobs are based on winning season's. If you want "caring about the kids" get a dog is their mentality. I can't be that mad at them cuz they have to pay bills just like the rest of us.

Long Island would not suck so bad if the powers that be would simply create a competitive environment where talented kids could showcase their talents. The only kids on Long Island who have historically gotten good looks are the ones who have the sense to play their AAU ball on non-Island teams. The few elite Long Island Lightning teams are the exception to that rule.

A lot of L.I. people are use to buying and politicing their way through life but unfortunately for them, you can buy game and having no game is just like sh*t. You can cover it up and spray perfume all over it but it's still sh*t and it still smells bad.

Although I do agree with most of your post. LI has produced three high major impact freshmen Harris and Odom just made Top Cant Wait to see freshmen for the SEC. JJ Moore is coming of a great European trip where he was third top scorer for Pitt. Look for this Long Island trio to do damage as freshmen.

Top Cant Wait to see freshmen for the SEC

JJ had to leave LI to get noticed. First he played with the NY Panthers and then transfering to South Kent in Conn. Brentwood had him playing center because at 6-5 he was one of the tallest players on the team and in the county which is my original point. Hard to get noticed on long island

Panthers are originally a LI team almost every year you can find top talent from LI playing for GC. By and large your assessment is correct. The raw talent exist ubt the talent isnt being developed ,the politics of money play too large a part in LI BBaLL.

Where the Panthers were originally from back in the day and where they were from when JJ joined them are two different subjects. You are grasping at straws as many long islanders are forced to do but we do agree. Too much politix and not enuf basketball on long island. That's why their rep is in the toilet and why, other than a handful of LI high school notables from back in the day who got the hell off the island, nassau and suffolk county is basically irrelevant in the NY basketball landscape.

In your dreams. This is a basketball site. You sound like you're looking for a Coming out of the Closet site. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT