ADVERTISEMENT

Hills West Coach resigns

concernedparent17

Oct 7, 2009
Bill Mitaritonna resigned at Hills West for personal reasons according to Newsday. Says he wants to spend more time with his kids.......
laugh.gif

Hurricaine T certainly leaves a wrath of destruction in it's wake, doesn't it...

When is Sledge due at Lincoln?

What squad? My money says Sledge is gettin' the hell outta dodge and Tyler I heard is reclassifying. They will go back to being another sorry L.I. school that will go back into obsurity.

Truth be told, Mitar.... was part of the cause of HHHW's self destruction against CBA. He didn't do his homework and got beat by an actual coach who actually did his homework.

Coaching is more than picking the starting lineup and looking like u know what ur doing.

He's a nice guy who got in over his head.

Time will tell. Sledge & family love it here on LI and word is there are a few more players coming to play with TY and TA. My Money says thy will b good as long as TH wants them to be.

Originally posted by s.martinup:
Time will tell. Sledge & family love it here on LI and word is there are a few more players coming to play with TY and TA. My Money says thy will b good as long as TH wants them to be.

there is sooooooooooo much wrong with this statement it's not even funny, probably because it's likely true.

let's say again that it is ILLEGAL to bring players into a public school for athletic gain. crazy...

There is even more wrong with that statement considering that word on the street has Tyler looking to return to Luhi, and since The Sledge family lives no where near LI it's almost comical.

My statement is what it is,the truth. Illegal? Unless there is an amendment for the rule it the rule will not/cannot be enforced because of the current loopholes in the rule. Remember its not illegal to use a loophole in a poorly written rule.In the history of Suffolk bball I cannot recall the rule ever being enforced.
Suffolk basketball has a very long history that dates back several decades of players moving from one school to the next the rule has never been enforced it never will be.
I think there is an adultery LAW in some counties(i'm sure with his history he covered most of them) in Fl I dont see anybody knocking on Tigers door to arrest him.

Originally posted by concernedparent17:
There is even more wrong with that statement considering that word on the street has Tyler looking to return to Luhi, and since The Sledge family lives no where near LI it's almost comical.

that's some word...

I 2nd that Looks like CP is grasping. There is no such word. Gets your facts straight I get mine right from the source.

I think you need to get out of Dix Hills a little more and find a new source. I look forward to having these conversations with you in a few months, should be interesting. Oh yea, loopholes? now who's reaching.lol

LOL.....and you believe yours do.....
roll.gif

Well in general, coaches on long island are terrible. Most couldnt coach a cyo team successfully, the way its set up is whoever in district wants the job gets it over any more qualified coach. Most AD's just hire the local gym teacher who played basketball at one point in their life. If you want to see some terrible coaching, head out to the island. Nassau is particularly bad but its basically the same islandwide. Not sure why HHW coach is out tho

Originally posted by basketballwriter:
Well in general, coaches on long island are terrible. Most couldnt coach a cyo team successfully, the way its set up is whoever in district wants the job gets it over any more qualified coach. Most AD's just hire the local gym teacher who played basketball at one point in their life. If you want to see some terrible coaching, head out to the island. Nassau is particularly bad but its basically the same islandwide. Not sure why HHW coach is out tho

to be fair that isn't the fault of the AD... it's written into the union bilaws in most schools that if a "qualified" person already in the union wants the open coaching job, he/she has the right to the job before someone from the outside would be hired.

the AD's hands are tied by the stupid union rules.

Most 95% BAll high school coaches take the jobs to earn an extra few bucks ....like overtime. LI is the Chernobyl of bball. HHW success can go a long way in changing that. Who knows why this coach resigned my guess is he realized hewas in over his head when they made it upstate. Maybe the extra few bucks was not worth the headache or stress of expectation. God bless him for making the decision based his need to send more time with his family.
I heard the shop teacher won the 1967 CYO 8th grade championship.Msybe they will give him a shot

Who knows why this coach resigned my guess is he realized hewas in over his head when they made it upstate. Maybe the extra few bucks was not worth the headache or stress of expectation.

maybe it wasn't worth the headache or stress of being a puppet to the man in the track suit seated behind him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT