ADVERTISEMENT

abc 1

daniels55

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2009
is it just me or does conference abc1 look a little confusing? Elmont beat westbury by 3, and westbury beat south side by 20, but i just saw elmont lost to south side by 26. anybody see that game that can shed light on these teams

Didn't see the game, but I know that Elmont lost to South Side by 15 and South Side's high scorer had 26. ABC-1 is a very weak league overall, but those 3 teams have some good players on them. Elmont and South Side are good teams relative to LI from what I've seen, but they weren't really challenged at all until they played Westbury/each other. Elmont was 10-0 before they lost to South Side, but their schedule wasn't tough at all. Westbury plays AAU in iS8 (as did Elmont in the fall), so they get points for challenging themselves in the off season. LI is very hard to gauge, because the better teams hardly play each other in the public leagues...and the teams that are decent usually destroy their league opponents (its blowout city when Elmont, Westbury and South Side play other teams in ABC-1). And the way Nassau AA-1 is set up (all 8 teams make playoffs regardless of record) is pure bulls**t. There's no incentive to win in the regular season. Westbury destroyed Roslyn (who were also ABC-1) twice last year in the regular season, only to lose to them in the semi's. Of the 3, I'd say Westbury has the best team, but anything can happen when they play each other.
This post was edited on 1/14 11:49 PM by no look pass
This post was edited on 1/15 8:49 AM by no look pass

Both Westbury and Southside barely scraped out of the ABC quarterfinals. Wide open conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT