ADVERTISEMENT

ABA Team in Westchester 2013

StaceyLite

Gold Member
Nov 3, 2007
NYC
nychoops.rivals.com
The American Basketball Association (ABA) www.abalive.com today announced that the New York JAMM has been added to the league beginning next season and will become a part of the fast-growing Northeast Division. "We're really pleased to be able to add another team to the NE Division," stated ABA CEO Joe Newman. "And in Howard Jordan and Francis McGuire, the team owners, we have an excellent set of owners with great experience on and off the court. In a very competitive market, we believe that the Jamm will add much to the NY sports scene."

The team will be located in Westchester County, Mamaroneck, NY 20 minutes just north of NYC. An author and illustrator of the children's book Mommat and Me, Jordan played college basketball, football and track at Concordia Colletge in Bronxville NY and has one year experience in the NFL as well as a year of NBA Pro-Am experience.

"I've been waiting for the Northeast Division to develop and with the addition of Buffalo, and anticipated teams in NYC and Long Island, I think we'll have one of the best divisions in the ABA. I am genuinely excited. The talent in the NYC area is fabulous and we will be very competitive."
Coach Jordan
For 30 years Howard Jordan was a high school coach and has owned and operated and coached the JAMM New York AAU basketball program. "Joe and I have been talking about doing an ABA team in Westchester for a couple of years," added Jordan.

http://www.newyorkjamm.com

ADVERTISEMENT